Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

device won't unpause

New Poster

device won't unpause

I downloaded the xFi app and used it a few times to pause and unpause my son's ipod. Now, his ipod will not unpause even though the app says it is unpause. We have tried restarting the Wi-Fi, taking his device the network and putting it back on, and had his device forget the network then sign back into it. Nothing has worked. Does anyone know of a fix for this?
Expert

Re: device won't unpause

I had some luck calling 1800comcast.

Official Employee

Hi jenf66, did you call into 1-800-XFINITY and get this issue resolved?

If you have not and the iPod is still paused, please let me know. I would be happy to work with you on this. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue. Rested the gateway and the internet connection. Also forgot the network and added back. Restarted all devices. App says active but the "Labtop" being the device says still pause and visit. "Internet.xfinity. " endless cycle.
Expert

Teejjjj wrote:
I am having the same issue. Rested the gateway and the internet connection. Also forgot the network and added back. Restarted all devices. App says active but the "Labtop" being the device says still pause and visit. "Internet.xfinity. " endless cycle.

Did you try calling 1800comcast?  They were swamped yesterday.

Official Employee

Teejjjj, 

Were you able to get your laptop unpaused in the xFi app? What type of device are you using to try and unpause the laptop? I'd like to gather the steps that will walk you through resolving this.