Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

delete function of e-mail not working

New Poster

delete function of e-mail not working

I keep trying to delete items from my "in box", "Sent" and "Trash" folders.  But after I go through the process and return to any of these folders, nothing has been deleted.  Furthermore, I get the message that an item couldn't be transferred to my "trash" folder because is it full.  So, please fix this annoying problem.     Also, I am constantly being interrupted by the message that "Xfinity.com is not responding" and it shuts me out then I have to go back through the process of opening the e-mail.   Please fix this.  It is driving me crazy.    Rosie

New Poster

Re: delete function of e-mail not working

I am having the same problem, and it has been going on for some time now.  Incredibly annoying!  Has anyone heard anything about a fix?

Silver Problem Solver

The mail servers seem to be having major problems processing commands sent to them. The webmail and Connect app are just interfaces to the mail servers.

See this thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Comcast-mail-server-problems-the-past-few-weeks/m-p/...

Regular Visitor

There is a known issue with the functioning of 'Delete' and Trash - I just spoke with comcast support today 3/13/17. The internal reference number in the Advanced Engineering support group is:  SI018749300. Symptoms: I'll try to permanently delete items in my Trash - gets an error, or appears to work but then the messages return to the Trash! I've sometimes gotten a message that 'the connection to the remote server imap.email.comcast.(net or com, I can't recall!)' during this action. 

Call in and reference this ticket number to reinforce criticality of getting this resolved!!

New Poster

Constant Interruptions in E-Mail

The delete function seems to be working now.  HOWEVER, I am constantly interrupted while in my e-mail.  I am merrily typing along and suddenly, I am thrown off e-mail (and lose everything I typed) with the message at the bottom:  "XFinity.com is not responding....refresh page".   I "refesh the page" and start again on my message, and once again I am kicked out.  On March 15th, I reported this problem to Comcast and they told me they would get right on it.  They gave me the work order number of CR687854773.  No word back from them as of today.

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!    Rosie O'Grady

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation