Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

contacts added to comcast address book not available in comcast email

Contributor

contacts added to comcast address book not available in comcast email

I added several contacts to my xfinity address book. I then tried to send an xfinity email to these contacts, but they were not found. I went back to the address book and they were still there. I waited a few hours and tried to put the contacts on an email again, but it still didn't work. I tried clearing the cache, shut down and restarted browser, rebooted my PC, went to another person's PC, etc. NONE OF THIS WORKED.  I've never had this problem before. HELP!

Gold Problem Solver

Re: contacts added to comcast address book not available in comcast email

Are you using the full or the lite version of XfinityConnect? Comcast is aware of this issue (and others) with the address book. Normally it appears to take longer for new contacts added to be synched in your address book. Check which version you are using by clicking on Preferences>General. Which one is ticked? Please send an email to helpme@plaxo.com. Tell them the issue. In the SUBJECT line,type in the following: Slow sync needed in address book. CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

FULL version. The Plaxo support group was unable to fix the problem.

Frequent Visitor

The same thing is happening to me.

I am a full user, windows 7, and have done everything I needed to do (rebooted etc), but this still is not working. My new contacts are not reaching my popup (send to) email window, even though they show up in the actual contact search. I can also add duplicate contacts (to no avail), but for some reason they are not transporting to the sending email pop-up function.

It was working fine but today it has not worked for me.

In addition to my new contacts not showing up in the pop up 'click to add to sender field', the auto fill is not filling that name either.

There is an obvious sync issue happening internally in Xfinity Email systems. How long should we expect to wait to once again have full service of our email programs?

Gold Problem Solver

The latest information is Plaxo is aware of these issues and working on a fix. You can send an email to their team and see if they can try a slow sync to see if that helps you. helpme@plaxo.com. Include the Uernames that are affected in your email too. CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Frequent Visitor

thank you

Contributor

I am having the same problem, full version, windows 7. Thought it would "fix itself" after a couple days but it hasn't.

Gold Problem Solver

See my previous post please, in this thread.

Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem and have sent a note to helpme@plaxo.com. I just find it amazing that a problem like this can last over 24 hours.

Contributor

I actually did as advised and nothing has been fixed with my "missing" addresses. I did get a response from Plaxo so I know they are aware of it, but they haven't fixed the problem. I did have a question though. Why is this listed as solved? It really does not appear to be at all.

Frequent Visitor

I just posted a new topic on this not realizing that this one exsited.  I am having the same problem and just like the new "channel line-up" they introduced several months ago it would appear that Comcast has rushed to introduce "a new and better service" for users with out first seeing that it works properly with all browsers. They seem to forget that not everyone uses Internet Explorer.  Those of us that use Firefox are always in trouble.  I dread the introduction  of the "new and imporved" home page.  The last time they did a major revamp I had to move my homepage to Google to prevent start-up crashes or lock-ups every time I started my computer. As far a their "technical support" my eight year old Grandson is better at solving problems.

Gold Problem Solver

See my reply in your other post. CC

Contributor

After talking with Plaxo Support 866-467-5296 on the phone, they performed a slow sync which successfully synced the new contacts I had entered on Thursday (7/19) with the Comcast address book. However, I entered another contact into my address book AFTER the slow sync. I waited several hours for this contact to show up in my Comcast email, but to no avail. Thus, the problem still exists.

Gold Problem Solver

Did you enter the new contact while using the LITE version, or the full version?

Contributor

Ful version.

Gold Problem Solver

My opinionis to only use Lite to add a contact. Maybe remove the one you just made, switch to the lite version and try again. Post the results please.

Contributor

I changed to Lite version and created new contact. The contact showed up just fine. I could use the Lite verrsion, however, I can't figure out how to create a new email with the Lite version.

Contributor

I figured out how to compose a new email with Lite. It was in an oddd place on the screen.

Frequent Visitor

The mere fact that Xfinity/Comcast/Plaxo instructs us to toggle between Full and Lite versions of their product, or to go through a Slow Sync on a client by client basis, or to jump through any hoop for that matter, in order to use a program that was functioning well just several days or a week ago, tells me that they really are not aware of the full scope of this problem.

When we are asked to determine the following (before we are addressed):

Do we use XfinityConnect? (I think we all understand that we are here, now)

The Full or Lite version?

Do we use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Which browser/version do we use? 

Have we cleared your browser cache?

Details of the problem you are having. (details are usually the first thing given in a forum like this).

Have we Rebooted?

and then to read:

Our Email Expert said this in the first response to this issue: "Normally it appears to take longer for new contacts added to be synched in your address book."

I am not sure which email program this person has been using but in my Full version of Plaxo/Xfinity/Connect account, any New Contact I have entered has been immediately added (synched) throughout the email system. No waiting or "taking any longer"  (than about 60 sec., if at all) for any new contact to be applied.

This is how I start to wonder about whether our concerns are taken seriously or not.

The fact still remains:

We have been using a product that was working well until several days ago, then it broke, and now we are no longer able to use the functions supplied to us through this product....period...

We need it fixed, and this is why we have come to the forums.

If Plaxo/XfinityConnect/Comcast is listening, please "jump the loop" about all of our caches, OP sys, full/lite Email Pgms, et al...  and realize that the system currently has a bug in it, and that we need it fixed so that we can return to seamless emailing.

Thank you.

I do realize that this is a weekend, but the electronic world is a 24/7 application, and this problem was first addressed back on 7/18/2012 (last Wednesday), not over the span of a weekend.

I for one, hope this issue gets addressed first thing Monday morning.

Frequent Visitor

Thank You Wiresnipper, I could not have said it better.  In fact last night I wrote a reply much like yours and posted it but for some reason it never appeared.  If Comcast worked as hard on making sure their features worked before roll out as they apparently do with the continuious pop up surveys they would not have a problem.  As for the surveys, they don't listen so why should I waste my time filling them out. 

Hey Comcast, LISTEN to your customers. In many areas you are not the only kid on the block....

Contributor

@wiresnpliers  --  I couldn’t agree with you more! I totally don’t understand why we are asked all those questions when all these many problems with the email are so very, very widespread!  I personally have Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 9 but when others are asked what they have, I think I’ve seen everything out there mentioned. Bottom line: a huge number of customers are not getting anything close to what we are paying for. The email problems are massive (and known by Comcast), apparently many of them have been for a long time, the “workarounds” either never work or stop working in short order, and so on. Plus, it totally boggles my mind why we are all expected to consume so much time tinkering with all these many maybe or maybe not will work “fixes in the meantime”, like using another email or using the lite version, clearing our cache all the time, trying to access email directly from other useless links - it just goes on and on. It’s not like we all have endlessly available time on our hands and nothing better to do. “In the meantime” in Comcast’s eyes apparently has no end to it and we are all using up precious time with no justifiable excuse. Think of all the things you could be doing in the time all this is taking us.

I did as advised 5 days ago (as soon as the suggestion was posted) and sent the email to Plaxo. Not only was nothing fixed that way, I then had several emails back and forth with them only to be told that the issue was known and a "fix" should be available by the end of the year! Yes, you read that right, the end of the year. I did a double take and then emailed them back to confirm they really were estimating "fixed by the end of the year". They confirmed that a second time. And up to right now, the “slow sync” fix has done absolutely nothing to help me with finding contacts in the “To” that are clearly in the address book.

Then I did as recommended by CCCarole and deleted the new contacts before I switched preferences to the "lite" version to add the contacts back in that way. Not only did that do nothing to "fix" the missing contacts problem, I became stuck in the lite version for a lengthy period of time, even though it showed in preferences that I did switch back to the full version. So basically I was worse off than I was before because I then had no access to the functions of reply, forward, delete, move, spam, and print (all of which I need to use often as I use this as a business email, not a private one). So that is one "fix" I would not recommend anyone else attempt, unless you want to risk being stuck in the lite version. I feel lucky it eventually came back, but with the way all these other various email problems keep cropping up faster and faster, I am in no way going to risk doing that again (which didn’t work in the slightest anyway) and see it become a permanent problem. When you add that to constantly having to log in, and constantly having to look at all the new windows opening, I am beginning to wonder why I ever came back to Comcast’s internet in May. Not the best decision for me anyway.

Frequent Visitor

There is a very simple fix for this problem if Comcast will just do it.  Roll back this "new and improved" POS and give us back the old mail program that worked.  Then they can resolve the issues in their own good time.

Frequent Visitor

TiredofPOPUPS, I agree. Quite frankly this is not a "rocket scientest" problem, not being able to update user address book changes sohuld eithe be a simple fix or a simple rollback. Its things like these that may drive me (and others) to things like GoogleMail as the primary mail provider.

Frequent Visitor

I am lucky (I guess), as this is the first time I have ever had any issues with Comcast/XfinityConnect/Plaxo. I have had smooth service up until this point, and that is exactly why I have written here.

It is simple, to me: Something that worked well suddenly broke, and I would like to have it fixed so that I can go along my merry way.

That's all. 

Regular Visitor

I just bought a new computer....am having the same problem. ....thought it was the computer..... hope its fixed soon

Regular Contributor

Our Team is currently investigating the problem and we will update as soon as we have more information!

Thank you for your understanding!

Thank you,
Sharath
Comcast Silicon Valley
Frequent Visitor

I've been having the same problem over the past couple of weeks with adding new contacts to a large email distribution list and then they don't show up in the "To" box.  It seems like any additions or deletions to the email contact list are not being synced, or whatever it's called.  I was able to fix this by changing email preferences to Lite, log out of Comcast, log back in, make the edits and save them, change preferences back to Full, log back out and back in to Comcast and it is fixed.  But this is a very clumsy way to add a contact and I don't want to use the Lite version for my email.  Please fix this problem!  Thanks.

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  I was told by Comcast today to recreate my address groups in the Lite version.  It seems ridiculous that I should have to spend a huge amount of time recreating something that worked a few days ago, and now no longer works.

I also contacted Plaxo and requested a slow sync, but 6 hours later the problem is still not resolved.

Regular Visitor

Thanks,  Its working today, Weds , July 25th

Frequent Visitor

I am happy to report that my email Address book also seems to be fixed as of this afternoon!

Thank you Comcast/Plaxo/XfinityConnect, for taking care of this problem for us!

yay!     Cat Very Happy

New Poster

I  am having the same problem. Have had Comcast about a week and can't fix it. My husbands email account works fine. I miss AT&T!

New Poster

Just read that it is working...I just went to my email and indeed it is now showing addresses in the "To" box.

Frequent Visitor

I'll add my two cents to thisWhen I read this morning that it was working I added someone to my address bookIt takes a while to show up but it does work nowThanks to who ever resolved the issue but Comcast should have found this problem and resolved it BEFORE the roll outIt would have saved a lot of us days of frustration.

Now if only we can find a way to stop those D*%n pop up customer surveys.....

Frequent Visitor

It is still not working for me...Man Sad

Gold Problem Solver

content_of_c wrote:

It is still not working for me...Man Sad

Send an email to helpme@plaxo.com  Include all the Usernames being affected in your email.  In the subject line, type in Slow sync needed in address book.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks - I checked today and it finally looks like it is working.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

First time post.  Just wanted to add that I'm also having this problem.  My info:

- FULL.

- No.

- Firefox 12.0, no have not cleared browser cache.

- XP

- Contacts added to address book not showing up on emails.

New Poster

This problem was posted by others in July,

It's not October and the same problem exists.

Why won't Comcast or Plaxo or whoever makes decisions at Xfinity fix this contacts/address book problem?

Robert

Frequent Visitor

I posted re: this problem back in July.  Within a week or so, it was fixed so maybe Comcast does pay attention to the forum. Currently, it takes about an hour for new email addresses to get synced in, which is a little annoying but ok for my purposes.  Previously none of my new contacts were showing up in the To box, even after a week, so it's better.

Gold Problem Solver

robbdee wrote:

This problem was posted by others in July,

It's not October and the same problem exists.

Why won't Comcast or Plaxo or whoever makes decisions at Xfinity fix this contacts/address book problem?

Robert

Did you send an email to Plaxo?  www.helpme@plaxo.com

In the subject line type this:  "Need a slow synch of address book"

In the body of the email include the email addresses being affected.

OR- switch to the Lite version of XfinityConnect.  To do:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences> General.  Check the box for the Lite version.  Close and re-open XfinjityConnect and you should be in Lite.

The Lite version is based on a different email platform than the Full version.

Plaxo is aware of the problem with synching in the Full version and is working on fixes, but we have not been given any date of a fix yet.

CC

New Poster

Switched to Full Mail version.

All 150+ email addresses are available in Compose, but in alphabatized groups of 18. 

Very limiting and time consuming when selecting recipients.'

Switched back to Lite version, same problem.

Clicking To: in Compose could be better if all addresses were shown,

but for some odd reason, none of the add beyond 'L' are listed.

Back to Full version, at least teh address book can be used.

robert

New Poster

And it still doesn't work in November 2012!  I can't access a Group from the To: line nor can I forward to a Group in my Address Book.

Gold Problem Solver

cdgrimm wrote:

And it still doesn't work in November 2012!  I can't access a Group from the To: line nor can I forward to a Group in my Address Book.

Send an email to helpme@plaxo.com. In the subject fields type in "slow sync needed in address book".

In the body of the email type in your email addresses, and also explain the issues you are having.

CC

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

Frequent Visitor

I have completed most fields on the contacts, includeing mailing address twice.  For some reason, xfinity deletes the mailing addresses.  How can I get them restored?

Gold Problem Solver

Patricia55 wrote:

I have completed most fields on the contacts, includeing mailing address twice.  For some reason, xfinity deletes the mailing addresses.  How can I get them restored?

Which version of XfinityConnect asre you using please?  To check:

Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences, and then click on General.  A window will open showing you which version is checked. 

When you add the contact, are you clicking on SAVE at the bottom of the window?

Post back & we will go from there.

CC

Frequent Visitor

I am using the full version. When I add contacts, yes I am saving after each. In Dec. 12 I added them all again, printed a hard copy and recently noticed most of the contacts mailing addresses are gone again.
Gold Problem Solver

Patricia,

The problem is there is delay in syncing of the address book... Especially if using the Full version of XfinityConnect.

Send an email to:
helpme@sv.comcast.com

Include in the Subject field: Slow sync needed of address book

In the body of the email include which usernames are being affected; The Team can fix it for you.
You might also try switching to the Lite version and see if that works for you:
Open XfinityConnect, click on Prefernces from the Preview window, then click on the General icon.  Now click EDIT to switch to the Lite version.  Close and re-open XfinityConnect and now test it.

CC

Frequent Visitor

I will email. Will that recover all the mailing addresses?
Frequent Visitor

I completed everything you suggested. I would like to know if there is any why of retrieving all the mailing addresses lost in my address book?
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats