Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

comcast instant messenger?

New Poster

comcast instant messenger?

I had to give up my phone through Comcast to save money. Does Comcast have an instant messenger program?

Maybe use Skype? I am also told get Gmail but I couldnt figure it out. Thanks......please email suggestions. Thanks...Todd

Contributor

Re: comcast instant messenger?

Getting an email account is the base level for staying in touch with friends and family when you don't have a phone. You NEED to figure out Gmail. It's not hard, seriously. Spend the time, Also you should have an email account through Comcast, and you should use that only if you aren't going to change from Comcast to another provider for the rest of your life. All joking aside, use Gmail.

You seem like a non-techie type, and honestly the simplest thing for you is to get a VOIP account through Vonage. $10 a month for the first year.

Alternatively there is also the Magic Jack. $60 for the first year, $35/year thereafter.

And if you can figure out Google Voice, you can have free unlimited phone calls from/to your computer with anyone in the US & Canada. This includes SMS (cell phone texting).

Instant messaging programs are a morass. There is no inter-connectivity and no "phone book." You have to know your friends "handle" and what service they are on before you can communicate. This applies to Skype, AOL, MSN Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger , Facebook, etc. Best just to forget this whole thought.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation