Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

comcast email freezes up

New Poster

comcast email freezes up

Comcast email keeps freezing up -- I'm using an IMac (Sierra) with Safari.

I've tried all the sugesstions posted to no avail. Help?

Email Expert

Re: comcast email freezes up

Have you tried a different browser to see if the same thing happens?   I tried Safari with El Capitan and do not have this problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Same thing has been happening to me since early 28MAR17.. I'm using Xfinity Connect App on an iPad 4 with Safari browser. The App closes itself down frequently... and immediately does so if I try to send an email.

Contributor

Same story here. Accessing Comcast e-mail on-line (through Comcast.net), it freezes up and you have to close the browser and start over. Takes about 3 or 4 times to finally get in. Been going on for a few weeks now. Its always something Smiley Sad

ron. 

Contributor

So whats going on? its just not the e-mail, but usually the comcast.net page just frrrrrrrreezes up. Happens on Chrome and Edge. Happens on my computer and my wife's computer. Takes 4 or 5 log-in attempts to read a message and reply to it. Cummon man, whats up? Better hit send here real fast.....

ron. :Smiley Sad

Regular Visitor

Yes, what is going on! My screen keeps freezing in email, it has been doing this for a few weeks! Pay a ton of money for this???????????????

Frequent Visitor

I have been having the exact same problem. This is frustrating and we are paying for these services. When you call comcast, it is never their problem .Does anyone know what is going on andd how to fix this? 

Regular Visitor

Oddly enough, these posts bring me some reassurance...or, Misery Loves Company.   My Xfinity email freezes up on the Dell PC (Windows 10) regularly. More frequent last few months. 

Likely it's a Comcast problem.  Hopefully knows how to fix.

Steve Britt

Plymouth Meeting PA

Official Employee

Hello All, I can assist you with your email freezing on your equipment. It sounds like you all are using Apple devices to obtain your email which is great! A lot of the times your email can be trapped within the system due to the user having the email account logged into an app or another browser. This can create a conflict on when and how fast the new mail is uploaded, signing out and then back into the mail client will resolve this issue. You can also check your data connection and make sure everything is connected and you have a strong internet signal. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Out of 8 user posts only the first three pertained to apple products.  2 other posters mentioned Windows products.  I have the issue on 3 windows based pcs. This became a problem once the email client was upgraded/updated a couple months ago, so it is a server side issue and has nothing to do with user hardware and isn't a software/app issue as I've had the problem on Edge, Explorer, Chrome and Firefox.  Hunt down the bug.

New Poster

I am a windows 10 user and I noticed the freezing problem shortly after the client was upgraded.  I use chrome but my wife used edge on the same machine and has the same problem. 

Regular Visitor

I too have been experiencing lock-up with comcast email for the past few weeks. I am using Windows 7. I have tried firefox, chrome and IE. The problem occurs every time I use firefox. I've noticed that as soon as I sign in to comcast, my CPU usage shoots up to over 50%. Comcast has made a number of changes to the email service over the past few months and every time they have made a change the email service has problems. For several years, comcast email worked just fine for me. I am extremely annoyed by all the changes that have given us a service that does not work nearly as well as what we previously had.

New Poster

Same problem here. While drafting an email in the Comcast/Xfinity email portal, my email suddenly and inexplicably freezes or locks. There is no way to unfreeze it unless I close my browser, relaunch it, and return to the Comcast email portal for another round of punishment. Notably, this happens using both Firefox and Chrome. This doesn't happen with every single email, but some days it happens several times. Frustrating.

The only pattern I've noticed is this: When I'm drafting an email and place my cursor back at the top of my message to edit something up there, that's when it freezes. There's something about this top line of the email form that causes my email to freeze. There is no error message; my email just freezes. Historically, I've had to open Task Manager and kill off Firefox, but today I couldn't open Task Manager. I had to do a hard restart on my Win10 workstation. (Yes, I have the latest Win10 and Firefox updates.) I don't have any unusual settings for my email.

I've talked to Comcast Executive Support and Comcast Tier 3 Advanced Repair. Both say that unless Comcast Engineering can replicate my problem on their end, they will automatically spit the ticket back out. They maintain there's something wrong with my PC, perhaps a virus. I tell them this never happens with any MS software app nor on *any* other website. Only when using the Comcast email system. Anyway, I've run every diagnostic tool or cleaner imaginable, from Stinger to Norton to CCleaner to SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes. No malware, no virus, no keylogger, no huge cache. And I do not visit sketchy websites.

Looking at the broader picture, I've been having numerous email problems ever since Comcast rolled out its "improved" email system in December 2016, including unwanted triple-spacing between paragraphs and lots of server errors/problems.

Predictably, Comcast Tier 3 Advanced Repair says they have never heard of this email lockup problem. They also tell me every single time there is no current problem in their system.

New Poster

Two employees in Comcast Advanced Repair flat out told me Comcast failed to adequately beta-test their new email system before its release in December 2016.

I responded that I could understand these email problems happening back in 1997, but Comcast is 20 years behind the curve and losing ground rapidly.

Comcast needs to invest billions in strengthening its telecommunications backbone, instead of focusing on new acquisitions and possible mergers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 12 in conversation