Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

can I block an unwanted e-mail address

ANSWERED
Contributor

can I block an unwanted e-mail address

There are some recent political messages that I am getting that i do not wish to get. Is there a way to block those.  Should I be directing this qquestion to the Chrome ehlp forums?

Accepted Solution

Re: can I block an unwanted e-mail address

If they do not honor your request to unsubscribe after a week or so, and they continue to send, you are within your rights as a recipient to mark the messages as spam .  Legitimate senders understand what those requests mean, and how they should react. So if you've somehow been involved with the organizations that are sending you these messages, unsubscribe should be your first step.

Please do this only with messages you know you've signed up for.  Messages that are clearly spam should not be unsubscribed from, they should be marked as spam and/or deleted.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Are the mailing lists that you have signed up for?  If so, you should unsubscribe.  You can also create a filter in the Webmail to direct these messages directly to trash.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

I did not sign-up for the pages.  They are part of an automatic fund raising process.  I have asked both sites to stop sending.  One I have not heard from since and the other Ihave heard from twice after my request.  I did set up a filter for that and will see if it works. I am not sure I did it correctly. I am a novice.  Thanks for your help

Official Employee

If they do not honor your request to unsubscribe after a week or so, and they continue to send, you are within your rights as a recipient to mark the messages as spam .  Legitimate senders understand what those requests mean, and how they should react. So if you've somehow been involved with the organizations that are sending you these messages, unsubscribe should be your first step.

Please do this only with messages you know you've signed up for.  Messages that are clearly spam should not be unsubscribed from, they should be marked as spam and/or deleted.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Every US based emailer is required by law to include a mechanism to automatically unsubscribe. Failure to abide by the CAN-SPAM law can lead to hefty fees against the seller. If they are related to US politics then almost certainly they are bound by the law since they would be domestic.  Follow the unsubscribe procedures, usually at the bottom of the email.  If they fail to comply after you try the unsubscribe link (beyond a customary few days), you can report them to the FCC:
https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/articles/203332190-Spam-Unwanted-Email-and-Text-Messages

WARNING: Don't bother doing this with obvious SPAM messages with an unrecognizable originator/sender.  Clicking on those links will actually just make it worse, or could even open you to phishing hacks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation