Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

best practices for archiving old important email from xfinity email

New Poster

best practices for archiving old important email from xfinity email

I am going to stop using OUTLOOK and start using my XFINITY email as my main email system.  It works well with Windows 10 and my ANDROID phone as one single source for mail. I have 2 questions:

1. How do I start to archive my older important email that lives in my Inbox at XFINITY?

2. How can I archive my older important email that lives on my hard drive in MS OUTLOOK into a system that doesn't need OUTLOOK to access them?

Thanks

Email Expert

Re: best practices for archiving old important email from xfinity email

To answer your first question, Comcast email is webmail in the same sense that Yahoo, Outlook.com, AOL or any other is webmail.  The only way to save it on your computer is to use a desktop email client like Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mozilla Thunderbird or something like that.

As for the second one------I'm not that familiar with Outlook since I don't have it.  But I don't think there is any way to store emails from it someplace else.   Maybe someone who actually has Outlook could jump in here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: best practices for archiving old important email from xfinity email

I successfully transfered my wife's emails from Outlook 2003 to Thunderbird. That was the only way we could figure out how to save them. Outlook is weird that way, and it was an aurduous process. I had to locate a much earlier version of Thunderbird, do the transfer to it (that was hard) then from old Thunderbird to new Thunderbird (that was easy).

Unrelated, but interesting: if you want to, you can download and install every single version of Thunderbird ever made, right back to 1.0. I thought that was pretty cool, biut I'm geeky that way.
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation