Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

auto saved email addresses

New Poster

auto saved email addresses

I have had these stupid auto saved email addresses on my comcast email page for over 5 years. They never delete them and you cannot delete them. Everytime I go to send an email my ex spouse is there to make me sick. I have started to change over to Yahoo.com. It will take sometime to get rid of comcast but I will. I will also eliminate my phone and TV from comcast/Xfinity. They don't care about pleasing customers only there pocket book.

Official Employee

Re: auto saved email addresses

Hello ronlarry1, I can assist you with deleting old email contacts from your address book. Please click on this link to learn more about how to delete contacts old and new from your contact list. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

Re: auto saved email addresses

ronlarry1 wrote:

I have had these stupid auto saved email addresses on my comcast email page for over 5 years. They never delete them and you cannot delete them. Everytime I go to send an email my ex spouse is there to make me sick. I have started to change over to Yahoo.com. It will take sometime to get rid of comcast but I will. I will also eliminate my phone and TV from comcast/Xfinity. They don't care about pleasing customers only there pocket book.

Assuming you mean what you see when typing in the To: field in a new email-----------------if you are still in the old email format, the drop-down for the To:, Cc: or Bcc: fields has it's own memory.  You cannot access it or edit it yourself.  Periodically old addresses should drop off by themselves, but it's spotty at best.

If you are in the new email format you have more control.  On the Inbox page click on the gear icon and then on Settings.  On the landing page under "Common", you will see the boxes to check or uncheck to  enable or disable the feature that saves email addresses while reading or sending emails.  To access existing saved contacts, open the address book.  In the left folders pane click on "Collected addresses".  There you can edit, use or delete the contacts that appear in the To: field drop-down.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation