Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

all email in spam folder

New Poster

all email in spam folder

Just before Christmas I noticed I was no longer receiving any email. I use Mozilla's Thunderbird most of the time and also an email app on my samsung tablet. I went to the comcast web site and found that there had been a filter created that sent all my email to the junk folder. At first I suspected a malware problem on my computer but could not find any problems. I changed my password just in case, removed the filter and also turned spam filtering off. However since this incident occurred quite a bit of my email is going to the spam folder and although I keep telling it this is not spam certain emails keep going to the spam folder. I really don't want any email going to the spam folder since I deal with spam within Mozilla's Thunderbird program. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: all email in spam folder

You can turn off Comcast's spam filters by logging in to https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UserSettings/ with your Primary UserID and selecting [UserID] / Email Settings / Spam Filtering / Off.

New Poster

As I stated in my first message I turned off spam filtering but to no avail. It appears to me that any mail sender  that was marked as spam while the spam filter sending all my mail to the spam folder was in effect, will be considered a spammer for all of eternity regardless of whether spam filtering is turned on or off. After gong for several days with spam filtering turned off and still having all the same senders going to my spam folder anyway, I turned spam filtering back on to see if I could retrain the spam filter that those messages were not spam. This didn't work either, no amount of retraining will keep the system from putting those senders in my spam folder. So at this point I guess I will have to call comcast..!!! If you would like to press one press one, if you would like to press two press two.........etc, etc............

Gold Problem Solver

Comcast Security Assurance should be able to help you with this. Please call them at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/dedicated-support/contacts#s5_nav). Note that this is not one of the general customer service numbers.

New Poster

Thanks BruceW..........I will give that a try in the morning when my patience is at it's best..!!!

New Poster

I called the number that BruceW provided and it was answered fairly promptly after playing the game, if you would like to press one, press one etc, etc. I was directed to a web site called postmaster.comcast.net where there is a form to fill out with your name etc. and then they wanted me to list the IP addresses of the mail that is going into my spam folder. Of course, I have no idea what the IP addresses are I only have the email addresses. You cannot complete this form without providing at least one IP address so I made one up. There is a notes area where you can explain your problem so I explained that I don't have any idea what the IP's are for the email addresses but I just want all the emails that are going to my spam folder to go to my inbox instead. That seems pretty simple to me. I also explained that I do spam filtering through a third party email program called Mozilla Thunderbird and I reiterated that I don't want any mail going to my comcast spam folder. I await their reply..!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation