Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

address book

Contributor

address book

How do you add to address book? I have forgotten and somehow they have removed most of one of my group address.. I have the new windows system..

thank you ..

Email Expert

Re: address book

If you are still in the old email format, on the Inbox page click on "New" in the toolbar, then on Contact.  If you are in the new format, on the Inbox page click on "Address Book".  On the landing page you will see icons in the toolbar for adding either single contacts or a group.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

got it ! thank you

Contributor

help with a couiple things please..

I have figured out how to add names using my address book and putting them in a group..now it adds to the group but also in address book as double...the problem is when I click onmy group to add/remove there is no way to do that......so I deleleted all the names in the group and thought I could start over..and they keep saying the name is used..my question is..how can I completly delete and start new over..thank you

Email Expert

Try deleting the group folder to start over.  When removing a name from a group, select it in the list, then click on the "hamburger" icon in the toolbar.  There you will see the option to remove it from the group.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

well I have deleted the group and started again..but the only way I can put names in it are thru the address book...which then also put's it in the general address making it a double entry....I tried just deleting a name from the group list that has the double entry..took it out of my group also so..back to zero.. I truely dont see and options or was to just have a group with no double entries..help! i feel lost  thankyou

Email Expert

Well I guess I'm not a good source of advice today.  In Windows I can't get groups to work at all in Chrome, Firefox or Edge.  I can't drag & drop with Chrome or FF, and in Edge if I move more than one contact into the group folder, it will only show one even though it gives me the little box saying that I added others.

On the Mac everything seems to work OK.  I am unable to duplicate the issue you describe with double entries appearing after putting a contact into a group.

Go figure.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation