Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Your mailbox size has reached 9413.00MB

New Poster

Your mailbox size has reached 9413.00MB

80% of e-mails in my inbox are junk!  I mark them as such when they're delivered to my inbox.  

However, I have a number of e-mails that I want to keep.  Any suggestions for deleting the bulk of them?  

Thanks. 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Your mailbox size has reached 9413.00MB

First, how many emails are you talking about?  You can delete unwanted emails by clicking on the small box to the left of unwanted emails, after all boxes are checked, click tgevDelete icon on the toolbar.  TO delete ALL emails,  you can click on the small box that is above the email list...that will place a checkmark in each box.  Then click on the delete icon to delete all emails.

When you say 'junk' do you mean spam email, or just emails you don't want to receive from someone?  If spam, make sure your spam filter is turned on in Preferences.

Marking an email as spam does not remove it, you must delete it after marking as spam.

Also, get in the habit of deleting email you don't want, whatever kind it is whenever you check your email...Then they won't build up.  Do that for all Folders.

Also check your Email Deletion Schedule, located under Preferences>Email on the toolbar.

Make any changes you want to make for each COMCAST Folder.  The Schedule automatically deletes email automatically based on the number of days set for the folder.

If yiu need further help, post back please.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation