Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Yahoo mail not getting to my Comcast Inbox

Frequent Visitor

Yahoo mail not getting to my Comcast Inbox

Yahoo mail is not getting to several Comcast customers, including me.  What can be done about this?  It is causing problems sending messages concerning church missions.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Yahoo mail not getting to my Comcast Inbox

Does the Yahoo sender get any error messages or bounces?

Frequent Visitor

No, there are no error messages or bounces.  We have used our Yahoo account, so we are sure of that.

Gold Problem Solver

Yahoo senders sometimes get a bogus "server unreachable for too long" bounce message 24 hours after sending, as described in http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Returned-email/m-p/2797184#M167766. See the reply to that message for an explanation.

Even if you're not seeing that, Comcast Security Assurance still might be able to help you -- give them a call.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Bruce.  I did not figure out how to contact Comcast Security Assurance, but something magical (That's the internet...sometimes magic happens...and sometimes it doesn't.) happened or Comcast was reading this conversation and now my emails from Yahoo are able to get to Comcast -- both to my account and several of my friends and to a friend who uses Cox for his email, but it goes through Comcast.  I have a test in process with a friend who uses Hotmail.  Not finished with that test yet, but I am hopeful that they, too, will soon be getting my emails!  So, life is improving!

Official Employee

Your messages about the carwash were being flagged as spam.  In your user preferences, you should enable the Spam Folder. I'm also following up to see why it was flagged as spam.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I will try to enable the Spam Folder.  Also, I send a weekly Greenlands email to a couple of groups.  Some Hotmail folks have not been getting those for several months.  Hope you can fix that. I was able to email them in the spring.

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

Enable Spam Filtering is already checked.  Is that the way it should be?

Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

pbf wrote: Enable Spam Filtering is already checked.  Is that the way it should be?  Thanks.

Yes. You probably want to have "Save a copy of emails marked as spam" checked as well.

Frequent Visitor

OK.  Done.

Thanks.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation