Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity webmail - SPAM

New Poster

Xfinity webmail - SPAM

I have been a Comcast subscriber, using their internet since 2000. As each year passes, I become more and more disenchanted with the level of service provided by this company. My pet peeve is receiving spam on a daily basis. It doesn't matter if you mark something spam because the spam filter doesn't work. There are things that I see weekly in my mailbox that i have listed as spam about 1000 times and yet it still comes through.
What is the purpose of having the option if it isn't going to work. Moreover...the spammers are getting craftier in that they are putting characters in front of the name. I have tried creating filters to weed this out, but they still get through with no problem.

Comast has billions of dollars at their disposal. It would be nice if someone overseeing the IT part of the company would migrate the email service to another client capable of meeting a customer's needs. The mail client has remained essentially the same for god knows how long. If anyone has figured out, what comcast can't seem to....please let me know.

New Poster

Re: Xfinity webmail - SPAM

Dear Deer,

Couldnt agree more; not with the service, but the abhorrent amount of GD spam recieved daily with no way to correctly filter.

Gold Problem Solver

You could create an email filter in your Email Preferences. Use the sender's email addressin the filter.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Poster

Ummmm- don't you think I would have tried that? The filter diesn't work. I have lots of email addresses in there but the spam still comes in.<br>The point of my rant is that comcast doesn't give a poo. It's an inferior product that hasn't been updated in forever. If you mark something as SPAM, it should never come through unless you un-spam it.
Regular Visitor

I totally agree.  In the last couple months especially, the spam has been getting worse and worse.  I probably get about 6 a day now when I used to maybe get 6 in six months.  I've marked the same emails as spam over and over and they NEVER automatically go to the Spam folder.  They always still come to my inbox.  What a joke.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation