Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity email reaching max limit

New Poster

Xfinity email reaching max limit

I hope you can help me find an easy and smart approach to my problem. My issue is I have an old Comcast email account about to tap maximum limit.-9949 emails I need to free this large  accumulation of emails both on the Comcast server and my I-phone without permanently throwing any needed items out and while not spending 3 days going through them/deleting them. My first thought is to log onto Xfinity  Web mail  and delete large amounts  of inbox  folder leading up to recent activity. Then deleting entire Comcast email on I phone and reinstalling it... Hopefully the recent /saved web-mail emails will then be uploaded as I reinstall Comcast email account on IPhone?
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity email reaching max limit

An alternative might be to install one of the many free email clients, and download email to your computer.  All of them are more customizable, and have more features than any webmail.  Plus your mail isn't at the whim of being on an anonymous server in a third world country.  Examples include Thunderbird (my personal favorite), Windows Live Mail (I think it's still available, but never used it) and if you've migrated to Windows 10, they have an email app, of sorts.  Also, if you have Microsoft's Office Suite, Outlook does a fair job with email. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation