Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity e-mail accessed online

New Poster

Xfinity e-mail accessed online

On business trips I check my Xfinity e-mail through the website.  I delete the message I do no want or have read. However, when I get home and pen up my e-mail program (MS Outlook) all the deleted message appear and I have to delete them all over again.  Is there anyway to make sure I do not get the delete message again.  I checked the preferences yet could not find anything but the delete schedule, which BTW I find does not work so well.  Thanks.

Email Expert

Re: Xfinity e-mail accessed online

The settings in Outlook will override any you have in Comcast preferences.  As for the reappearance of emails on your desktop, do you have the account enabled using POP3 on the desktop?  If so, that's why you're seeing them.  The default in POP is to download messages, then delete them from the server.  But email clients like Outlook have a setting in them where you can tell it to leave a copy on the server.  So the cure is that you need to make sure you have the account using IMAP on the computer, and any other device you use to access the account.  Then everything will be synced, and if you delete a message on your phone or tablet, it will also be deleted when you next check your desktop.  If you need the settings for Outlook, they are here-------------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity e-mail accessed online

thanks, I will check that out.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation