Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity browser blocks my websites

Regular Visitor

Xfinity browser blocks my websites

The Xfinity browser does not acknowledge any of my websites.  They are not business sites (at least not yet).  They are free.  I am a paying customer of Comcast, and for the last three and a half years, have been frustrated at every turn with the Comcast agents and Comcast managers whom I have talked with so far.  It is mind-boggling, since my first talk with Comcast about this in February 2014, it has still not been resolved.  I have made over 30 calls since then.  This is on Comcast's end, yet they keep blaming Google.  It is not Google.  It is Comcast.  And as one of Comcast's longtime customers, I deserve a lot better treatment.  I was even told to paste my website address into the URL box.  This is ridiculous since someone who is looking for a website with the type of information I offer, but do not kno that this kind of website exists, will never find any of my websites, because the Xfinity browser, itself, will not acknowledge any of the key words.  My websites are:  lotterytrend.com, lotterytrend-megamillions.com, lotterytrend-powerball.com, and lotterytrend.net.    What gives?

Mary <Edited for violating forum guidelines: "Personal Information">

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity browser blocks my websites

Xfinity does not have a browser. What browser are you trying to use? Have you tried another browser?

All those websites you posted load fine with Safari and Firefox.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity browser blocks my websites

I stand corrected.  It is not browser - it is Xfinity's search engine.  The Xfinity search engine blocks all references to my sites.  I know its not Google.  I worked for an organization that had a Google Enhanced search engine.  They coordinated with Google by working  with and providing to Google their documents, reports, articles, etc.   They presented their database of information to Google and Google worked with them to get a search engine going.   Comcast keeps washing their hands.  If they are partners with Google, then please, Comcast, partner with Google.  This is not fair to your paying customers.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation