Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Connect E-Mail App

New Poster

Xfinity Connect E-Mail App

My Iphone began locking up on Comcast e-mail passwords.  It would receive e-mail, but not send, refusing to acknowledge my password.  Apple tried everything in their manual, including replacing the phone.  AT&T is clueless, directing me to either Comcast or Apple.  I have spent 20 hours in online chat help and at the Apple store.  Nothing solved the problem except to install Comcast Connect.  I have found Connect to be a terrific annoyance, running in parallel with Apple's e-mail app on the Iphone.  The applications give duplicate notices of new e-mail.  Connect will not handle any e-mail accounts except those issued by Comcast.  Connect also notifies my of any incoming land line call to my home, a big annoyance with all the solicitation and robo calls. 

I want to keep my 8 year old Comcast e-mail name, but am nearing quitting Comcast to solve this problem.  I want my phone to work as it did for many years, handling both Comcast and g-mail accounts on one app.  I want my phone to send e-mail and not be rejected by Comcast's mail server for a valid password that it cannot find.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation