Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFinity blocking incoming and outgoing emails which contain certain domain names

New Poster

XFinity blocking incoming and outgoing emails which contain certain domain names

I have found that including the domain name "koitsu.com", which is a website owned by a friend of mine, within the text body of an email will cause that email to be blocked (both incoming and outgoing) without a bounce message returning to the sender.  

This is very troublesome.  Last week, I sent an important email to 3 separate recipients which pretty much required a response, but I didn't get any response.  When I called one of the recipients, he said that he never received the email.  When I sent the same email to myself at another email address, I didn't receive it, nor did I get a rejection email.  After a bunch of experimentation, I isolated the troublesome literal as "koitsu.com", and I isolated the blockage to be occuring somewhere in XFinity's processing.

Please, could someone from XFinity look into this and let me know what's going on.

Thanks,

Marc 

Gold Problem Solver

Re: XFinity blocking incoming and outgoing emails which contain certain domain names

Comcast Security Assurance manages the systems that filter emails and should be able to help you with this. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

Re: XFinity blocking incoming and outgoing emails which contain certain domain names

BruceW, My previous experience with Comcast Security Assurance has been unsatisfactory, as you noted.  I fail to see why it is incumbent on me to chase after them.  I'm a paying customer and I'm entitled to an answer to my question without having to force other people to do their job.

I'm hoping that someone from the Comcast/XFinity team will give me an answer, here in this forum.

Gold Problem Solver

shotei1 wrote: ... I fail to see why it is incumbent on me to chase after them. ...

Because they're a greedy, unethical company which only does the right thing when they are dragged, kicking and screaming. If you don't get a response to the message you posted here, calling CSA may be your only hope.

New Poster

BruceW wrote:
Because they're a greedy, unethical company which only does the right thing when they are dragged, kicking and screaming. If you don't get a response to the message you posted here, calling CSA may be your only hope.

Hi Bruce,

I can see that we're on the same page as far as our evaluation of Comcast/XFinity goes.  That's good to hear.  Reading your suggestion that I go to CSA, I thought maybe you were an apologist for them.  If calling CSA is my only hope, then I have no hope.  Too bad...

The reality is that there are other companies out there vying for my patronage.  Unfortunately, my evaluation of those companies is that they are all "greedy, unethical companies which only do the right thing when they are dragged, kicking and screaming".  So, where does that leave us?  Need to pick the least evil of the available evils?  Sounds like our current election!

I don't know.  If I don't get an appropriate response from one of the red-named people (as I suspect I won't), I may have to move my email over to gmail.  What a pain in the rear!  I feel like I'm "collateral damage" in the war on spam.

Gold Problem Solver

shotei1 wrote: ... The reality is that there are other companies out there vying for my patronage. ...

Almost anyone else would be more competent and have less draconian policies. IMHO it's despicable for a company to take your money and then throw away your email without notice, but that's our Comcast!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation