Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

XFi on Mictosoft Edge

Frequent Visitor

XFi on Mictosoft Edge

Does Xfinity Xfi work on Microsoft Edge.  I can open the page fine in Chrome but get a message that the page can't be loaded when I use Edge.

Official Employee

Re: XFi on Mictosoft Edge

Hi sking57, it's possible that this is a compatibility issue. What version of Edge are you using?

Frequent Visitor

Microsoft Edge 40.15063.0.0

New Poster

I'm havin the same issue. It telles me it takes too long and wont give me any options but to leave the page

Official Employee

sking57, trip56304 - I tested this on Microsoft Edge v40 and was experiecing issues as well. I have sent it to the engineering teams to investigate. In the meantime, I would recommend using another browser for access and I will provide an update when this is resolved. 

Frequent Visitor

I've been trying to get an answer on this topic since May 11th. I have Edge version 40.15063.0. It seems when Comcast can't resolve a problem,they just stop responding to your questions and hope you'll go away. Don't hold you breath waiting for a solution. Changing browsers isn't a solution, it's a band aid. 

New Poster

It is September 17th and this issue has still not been resolved. Anything to report Xfinity? 

Expert

srpruitt wrote:

It is September 17th and this issue has still not been resolved. Anything to report Xfinity? 

Can you try using Flash with Edge?

Frequent Visitor

I've tried with and without Flash enabled. No luck either way.

Official Employee

All, the teams are aware of the compatibility issue with MS Edge v40 and they are looking into getting this resolved. Unfortunately I do not have a time frame for when this will be fixed, but I can provide an update as soon as I have one. 

Frequent Visitor

As of today, Xfi is working on Edge. Hopefully it will continue to work. Thanks for the fix.