Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

XFINITY deleting my trash after 7 days instead of 30

New Poster

XFINITY deleting my trash after 7 days instead of 30

I like to keep all of my trash.  I especially like it to be accessible in IMAP for all of my devices.  I have set my Preferences EMAIL Preferences Email Deletion Schedule to Never, Never, Never, 30 Days, 30 Days (Inbox unread, inbox read, sent, spam, trash).

I also have Outlook 2013 on my computer set to autoarchive my trash after 21 days into my personal folders.  Thus I never ever lose my trash, and it is available on IMAP to all devices for 21 days (I use 21 instead of 30 in case my computer is off a few days).

This was working well until sometime in December.  Now my Trash is being deleted on the server when it is 7 days old (earliest date in trash folder 1/6, today 1/14).  This means it is not auto archived to personal folders and is lost forever.  I have double checked my preferences and I cannot understand why my trash is gone.  Despite my trash hoarding behavior I have used only 3% of my 10GB allotment.

I am viewing folders with web.mail.comcast.net on EDGE, my Outlook 2013 and IOS Mail devices concur though.

Thanks for any suggestions.  -- Karen

P.S.  I tried to go to comcast support directly, couldn't find an e-mail link in their various FAQ pages...

New Poster

Re: XFINITY deleting my trash after 7 days instead of 30

I think I may have found the culprit.  IOS Mail may have been deleting trash after 7 days.  I have cleared its setting and am hoping the trash will start bulding up again.

--Karen

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation