Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Writing email messages in Spanish as well as in English

ANSWERED
New Poster

Writing email messages in Spanish as well as in English

I write some of my emails to Spanish-speaking friends and so I write in Spanish.  Almost every word I write is then underlined in red telling me that it is incorrectly-spelled.  All those red underlines are very annoying and I'd like to get rid of them.  I tried going to Preferences, but there was nothing there to help me.  Can anyone suggest how I might opt out of those red underlines?

Accepted Solution

Re: Writing email messages in Spanish as well as in English

Claret_Cup wrote:

I write some of my emails to Spanish-speaking friends and so I write in Spanish.  Almost every word I write is then underlined in red telling me that it is incorrectly-spelled.  All those red underlines are very annoying and I'd like to get rid of them.  I tried going to Preferences, but there was nothing there to help me.  Can anyone suggest how I might opt out of those red underlines?

I'm not so sure you can opt out of that function.  However, your recipients won't see the red marks.  I know that it's annoying seeing all of them.  If you're on the new email [which I'm not] try looking under the Gear in the upper right corner of email and then go to Settings.  I only use Firefox browser and I know that it has an automatic spelling checker which also underlines anything it thinks is misspelled.  I just ignore it unless it shows I made a typographical error.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Claret_Cup wrote:

I'm not so sure you can opt out of that function.  However, your recipients won't see the red marks.  I know that it's annoying seeing all of them.  If you're on the new email [which I'm not] try looking under the Gear in the upper right corner of email and then go to Settings.  I only use Firefox browser and I know that it has an automatic spelling checker which also underlines anything it thinks is misspelled.  I just ignore it unless it shows I made a typographical error.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you "Again" for your attention and suggestions.  I will try them. 

New Poster

"Again," I too use Firefox and I went to the gear, then settings, then Advanced and I think I have managed to eliminate those bothersome red underlines.  Thank you so much.  :-)

Service Expert

You're welcome!  I hope that works for you.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Email Expert

Claret_Cup wrote:

"Again," I too use Firefox and I went to the gear, then settings, then Advanced and I think I have managed to eliminate those bothersome red underlines.  Thank you so much.  :-)

Click on the gear icon again, then on Settings>>>Basic Settings.  There you can switch from English to Spanish.  See if that resolves it for you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Oh yes, "Again's" kind answer did solve that ugly red-underline problem!  AND an extra benefit - I found in the same place a way to change the font I use in email from one I didn't care for to the one I prefer.  I hadn't been able to do that for quite some time.  So double thank you.  :-)

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation