Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Windows Live Mail x800CCC00F on Win 7 Pro

New Poster

Windows Live Mail x800CCC00F on Win 7 Pro

I had a similar error after I had problems with my primary PC and was using a backup system for a couple of years (time flies), was using Yahoo Mail via Internet Explorer browser. When I got primary system back online and attempted to re-synch with my YM inbox via POP3, got the error after downloading near 10,000 messages. Back and forth with Yahoo, I thought their server was throttling me because of volume, but they say no. Deleted account and file store, initially downloaded my YM inbox quickly, then stopped after around 9,000 messages. Checked for and deleted a few very large emails to see if that was the problem, but still can't download any more. Removed Windows Live Mail and cleaned registry per Microsoft KB article, re-installed WLM from MS Essentials (2012 this time, was 2011), still no joy. Reste 'cable modem' a couple of times, even pulled modem upstairs to PC, bypassing router and went from Comcast cable modem box straight to PC, DHCP'd address that was on router, still no joy. Gmail IMAP works fine, I can send from WLM to Gmail account no probs, SSL is set correct, ports, 995 and 465 correct. Can my Comcast/Xfinity account be completely reset? I went through troubleshooting steps but not sure if ISP canged my IP address or not. Been searching all posts on web, turned all antivirus/firewall stuff off, still only have 2/3 of email.

Tags (1)
Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation