Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Windows Live Mail not working since 2-7-2016

Regular Visitor

Windows Live Mail not working since 2-7-2016

I have Windows 10, Chrome browser, and Windows Live Mail.  I have not been able to send or receive emails through Windows Live Mail since whatever happened at Comcast on 2-7-2016.  I have "chatted" twice and talked to an agent about this problem and was given a ticket number and told I would be called by someone "on the next tier."  That was on 2/12, and still no call.  I have only the Comcast email through Live Mail.  I was told to reconfigure my email with IMAP settings (I had POP3), which I did, but when it starts to download the folders, I get an error message after about 6 seconds saying "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection."  I have changed my password.  Nothing seems to make a difference.

Email Expert

Re: Windows Live Mail not working since 2-7-2016

Try deleting the account from WLM and then re-enter it from scratch.  If I'm not mistaken, WLM will detect the Comcast account as being IMAP compliant, and then auto-configure it for you after you enter your user ID and password.  See if that does it for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Windows Live Mail not working since 2-7-2016

I did that already.  No change.  I have also cleared my browser history & cookies.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation