Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why is the new online email system so SLOW?!?

New Poster

Why is the new online email system so SLOW?!?

Ever since the new email system went live, everything is so slow that the system is almost unusable.  Why?  When (if ever) will this be fixed?  I am thinking about switching completely from Comcast/Xfinity email to something totally different.

As an example, in my inbox, if I try to search for a single word or term, it can take anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes to show any results -- and lots of times the search never even completes and I get an error message!

Or, if I'm looking at my list of emails, and click on one to read, it can take 30 seconds just to display the message.  And I'm talking a text-only message with no pitcutres or attachments.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Why is the new online email system so SLOW?!?

I can add that it isn't just the online that is slow. I use Thunderbird for my mail, and the POP interface is noticeably slower, too. It used to download several messages a second. Now it takes 1-2 seconds each. Even the Connect app on my phone often takes 5-10 seconds of the 'refreshing' icon spinner when I start it before it updates.

New Poster

Comcast mail has been so slow this year that i am changing to. Reagan.com. Its unuseable.  Cant see any sigh of it being addressed either.

Regular Visitor

OMG I'm glad that it's not just me, because it has been driving crazy and waste of value time... It's ridiculous!!!  Someone personally called me to help and they made things worse.  Time to change service!!!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation