Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Why am I getting scam emails from comcastinsightcommunity

New Poster

Why am I getting scam emails from comcastinsightcommunity

A scam email that I received today appeared to have originated from comcastinsightcommunity. Why would that be happening.

Service Expert

Re: Why am I getting scam emails from comcastinsightcommunity

There is a Comcast Insight Community https://www.xfinityinsightscommunity.com/Portal/default.aspx

Have you ever signed up to be a part of it? They do send surveys and emails to those who have signed up.

What does the email say?

You can find out if it is legit by reading this Comcast Email Phish or Legit? How to Tell (and rules for posting about your mail) clickable link.

It contains very useful information about mail that purports to be from Comcast.

By the time you get through reading it YOU will be an expert on HOW to know that the mail is a phishing attempt.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I keep getting an email directing me to the page http://www.lafumashop.pl/docs/licences/chase//Logn.php?l0B=C0ILogon&accessToken=ba8ee66441a7f9f90874... Sometimes It comes up with a 404 error, but this morning it came on asking me to sign into my chase acct. When i check who the email is coming from it shows support@xfinityinsightscommunity.com as the sender not chase bank.  I called comcast and they told me do not enter my info it is a scam trying to my credit card information and to have my computer checked for malware.  I did install AVG and had no viruses.  I got another email saying attention we are going to cancel your acct.  I am waiting to contact Chase today to make sure it is a hoax.  I would assume if Chase bank was sending me an email it would come from chase bank not comcast. 

:/ 

New Poster

I got the same email. I called chase and they said the never send a link in an email and its a scam.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation