Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Videos on Comcast.net

New Poster

Videos on Comcast.net

Recently the "Top Videos" listed on will no longer play on my one computer but ok on the other.  I get the message "The selected item is not currently available".  Tried other Browsers but still will not work.  Other videos work alright.  Any advice?

Regular Visitor

Re: Videos on Comcast.net

I am having the same exact problem.  Videos will not play on my desktop but will play just fine on my laptop.  The videos won't play but the ads sure do - over and over and over with no way of stopping them.  This started a little over a week ago.  One day the videos played fine - the next day nothing...

Using Chrome and Windows 7.

Can anyone help????

New Poster

Since last Friday, Jan 30th I noticed that the comcast videos play and then STOP more often than before with my my laptops connected via my wireless router or direct with a LAN cable. My youtube videos play EXCELLENTLY. Also ALL websites intermittently load slow, but especially the xfinity website. I use IE and chrome with Windows 7. I perfom the SPEED test and I get 60 mbs which is outstanding. So the problem must be with comcast's DNS servers or their webservers performance.

New Poster

I am having the same exact problem.  Videos will not play on my laptop but will play just fine on my desktop.  The videos won't play but the ads sure do - over and over and over with no way of stopping them.  This started a little over a month ago.  One day the videos played fine - the next day nothing...

Using Internet explorer and Windows 7.

The ads just keep working and working, I wish they would stop like the videos.

Frequent Visitor

Have you figured this out yet - having the same exact problem!

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation