Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Verizon/Yahoo email

New Poster

Verizon/Yahoo email

I'm switching to Xfinity next week. I currently have Verizon Internet. My email is @verizon.net which is serviced through Yahoo. I want to keep my current email address. Will I  be able to do that ?

Service Expert

Re: Verizon/Yahoo email

carguy1949 wrote:

I'm switching to Xfinity next week. I currently have Verizon Internet. My email is @verizon.net which is serviced through Yahoo. I want to keep my current email address. Will I  be able to do that ?

That's a question for Verizon, not Comcast.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Email Expert

carguy1949 wrote:

As Again suggested, you won't find out unless you call Verizon.  But if you do a search on your question, you will find that the picture with Verizon has been confusing over time.  I can tell you that I had friends who had Verizon, then moved out of state only to find that they had lost the email account and everything in it.  So I wouldn't count on it.  Before you terminate service, transfer your emails and contacts to Comcast.  See here-------------------

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/about-easychange/

Also, you might set the Verizon account to auto-forward any emails that go to it after you no longer have access to it.  It might work for a while.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Silver Problem Solver

Odds are, if it is serviced through Yahoo, it will remain. I have a @att.net and @sbcglobal.net addresses, and they still work. That said, Yahoo mail has been flakey the past few months. Although the main servers seem to be stable the past few weeks, the POP interface is very slow. It takes 1-2 seconds per email, versus 10-20/sec.

That said, I thought Verizon had their own servers, but were moving people to AOL servers (just a change in the servers you point to, not your email address.)

https://help.aol.com/articles/verizon-move-to-aol-mail-faq

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation