Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Valid emails being sent to the server side spam folder

Contributor

Valid emails being sent to the server side spam folder

Emails from a friends gmail account, which have been accepted for the last 10 years, have been consistently deposited in the SPAM folder on the Comcast server side. This behavior started a couple of weeks ago. In order to receive it, I have to log into the Xfinity web.mail.comcast.net site to move the emails from the SPAM folder to my inbox. They can then be delivered to my normal clients. Spam filtering is and always has been, set on my email account.

First attempt, I emailed abuse@comcast.net. Total fail.

Second attempt, I called Comcast Customer Security Assurance. Total fail. Person I talked to tried to lead me to something to do with email rules. I'm not sure what screens he was looking at, but anything to do with rules could not be found on my end. Finally, nothing but silence from the Comcast side and I hung up.

One test was to use my own gmail account and send it to myself with the same body of text from of my friend's emails. One that had been sent to my spam folder. My own gmail was then sent to the spam folder. Another gmail with a simple test message body was delivered to the inbox.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation