Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Using current email with a new Comcast account

Contributor

Using current email with a new Comcast account

I am getting a new account due to a family member leaving me stuck with his account at my address. He refuses to turn the account over into my name even though I have paid the bill since 2012. I need to know if I can use my same email that I have now on a new account? The local office told me they could transfer my email to a new account when they disconnect the service so they can see if I need to put up a deposit. I would really like to keep my current email cause all my personal business is tied up with that email.

Contributor

Re: Using current email with a new Comcast account

Anyone have any advice here? I have already set up my own account and returned the equipment that was in the account holders name and got my own contract with my own packages. The account number is different and my IP has changed.

Email Expert

Can you clarify-------the email address you are talking about is a secondary account to the relative's primary account?  Is that right?  If so, the problem is that whoever owns the primary account also owns any secondaries set up under the primary.  It can be transferred, but the other party has to agree to release it, and it might involve a trip for both of you to a Comcast service center.  You can start by calling Comcast security and explaining it to them, and they should be able to guide you further--------------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

See what I had to do was take back all the equipment that was associated with the family members account they then turned off the service for the account I am replying on now. This was TV and Internet. After that the person at the local office signed me up for a contract and gave me new equipment. I provided my own modem that I bought last year.

I am not sure how long this account will be open, the family member I was talking about.

Now the primary email that is used (IE) "customer@comcast.net" received email about specials, information regarding the account, and when I hit the bandwidth limit.

That is the email I want salvaged over to the new account I have opened in my name.

But there is no way this family member can meet me in person at a local office, he lives 750 miles away from me.

Email Expert

You need to call the number I gave you upthread.  If anyone can get you sorted out, it's them.  The post-service email address retention policy has changed in the last couple of weeks so that former customers can keep their email address even after canceling service, but I don't know if that applies to secondary accounts.  Call them.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

It isn't a secondary account. Can emails still be sent and received there? I was reading on the site that Comcast would released back into the pool of unused emails and user names.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation