Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,861,115

members

657

online

29,458

topics

Top

Updates on spam filtering

Official Employee

Updates on spam filtering

A message from our Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering team:

 

We’d like to give the Comcast subscribers here an update on what the Comcast Email folks are doing to keep spam out of subscriber mailboxes.

 

Over the past few months, we’ve made a few updates to our filtering mechanisms which have improved the catch rate of obvious spam.  Some of you may have noticed less spam in your mailbox, though some may not. 

 

Spam filtering seems easy, and for some classes of spam it is, but there is always some left over that isn’t detected. We always look for ways to efficiently deal with the harder-to-catch spam that invariably gets through, balanced with not being too aggressive and blocking legitimate email.

 

Over the next few days, Comcast is rolling out another update to our spam filtering mechanisms.  This update has been in development/testing for a few months. We expect it to have a positive impact on subscriber mailboxes.  

 

Your help is invaluable. Along with the spam filtering we do, reporting spam (as well as reporting legitimate mail misclassified as spam) helps alert us to new spam sources, to email sources that have cleaned up their act, and to misclassified legitimate email.   For the subscribers that already send us spam reports, we thank you.  For those that do not yet, we urge you to do so – the more “this is spam” and “this is not spam” reports we receive, the better Comcast’s spam filtering will work for all subscribers.

 

Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering

 

How To: Mark Emails as Spam

How To: Setting Up Spam Filters and Email Filters





Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

ComcastBrett - I just posted a topic

Xfinity spam filter blocking nonspam mail

It seems like one function that the spam filter should do perfectly would be to allow mail to get through that is From: an address on the user's contact list, and that seems to be not happening for me.  I have an agent working with me and every time she forwards a message to me regarding our mutual business it gets sent to the Spam folder!  Obviously not a good situation.

Regular Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

I have had one of my comcast email addresses since 2011.  I have never had spam in all that time.  In the past two months or so, I have been inundated with spam at that address.  I hope the updates to the filtering mechanism didn't allow this to happen.  I mark them all as spam. I have the spam filtering option turned on.  I also have over 50 specific subject words to filter out.  I realize that I get different subjects every day, but some of the same subject lines get through again.  The address is always the same, with different names, always ending in at vaeske-republikken.nl.  I realize that this is probably not a real address, but I would think that would be a clue that it is spam.   I hope the new update will actually work this time.

Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Thank you for the update. I've recently been geting a lot of spam as well, moreso in one account than others. They are VERY obviously spam (and I've been marking them as such) where it's just a (spammy) subject line with a few characters and an image or two. Almost all appear to be from the .nl domain. How is it that Comcast is missing these? 

 

Here's a link to another topic here that pretty much describes what I'm experiencing:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/SPAM-emails-that-Comcast-s-Spam-filter-...

New Poster

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Brett,

 

Since about this date (7/28), I've noticed that I am no longer receiving certain "good" emails.  I tried several password resets on https://shop.site-link.com/peachtreeorder/emailpassword.asp, it says it sent me an email, but never received it.

Yesterday I was online with Fitbit.com, and they sent me a help email.  Never received it.  

I DO receive other emails on the same account, but these are several that I know I've been sent, but never came through.

 

How do I pursue / correct this?

 

 

Official Employee

Re: Updates on spam filtering


drb_data wrote:

Brett,

 

Since about this date (7/28), I've noticed that I am no longer receiving certain "good" emails.  I tried several password resets on https://shop.site-link.com/peachtreeorder/emailpassword.asp, it says it sent me an email, but never received it.

Yesterday I was online with Fitbit.com, and they sent me a help email.  Never received it.  

I DO receive other emails on the same account, but these are several that I know I've been sent, but never came through.

 

How do I pursue / correct this?

 

 


drb_data,

 

I'm sorry there seems to be some blocking issue going on for you. Your best bet would be to reach out to Customer Security Assurance and they can investigate  and work with you to make sure yoru issues are resolved.

 

The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud and other security issues.

  • Business Hours: 6:00am - 2:00am EST, 7 days a week
  • Contact: 1-888-565-4329




Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering


conroy18214 wrote:

I have had one of my comcast email addresses since 2011.  I have never had spam in all that time.  In the past two months or so, I have been inundated with spam at that address.  I hope the updates to the filtering mechanism didn't allow this to happen.  I mark them all as spam. I have the spam filtering option turned on.  I also have over 50 specific subject words to filter out.  I realize that I get different subjects every day, but some of the same subject lines get through again.  The address is always the same, with different names, always ending in at vaeske-republikken.nl.  I realize that this is probably not a real address, but I would think that would be a clue that it is spam.   I hope the new update will actually work this time.


i've also had a comcast email account for many, many years.  I have over three years of email still in my account, but NOT one single spam, even though I've got spam enabled.  Spam still hits my inbox everyday.  And it's obvious spam.  The FROM is always a bunch of nonsensical characters...obvious spam, but comcast spam filters can't route it to the spam folder.  Most of it is also from .nl domains.  For instance:

 

http://www.hydrobekken.nl

http://www.aquaklinikk.nl

http://www.vaeske-republikken.nl

 

and:

 

http://www.geek-trained.com

http://www.spixfolio.com

 

If you go to any of these sites, you'll see the same home page.  An IP lookup or WHOIS search directs you to the same company in Romania, and that they have  the IP block 91.236.77.xxx reserved.  Why can't Comcast fix this?:

 

 
user: anonymous [50.174.188.179]
balance: 39 units
  log in | account info
  CentralOps.net

Address lookup

canonical name vaeske-republikken.nl.
aliases  
addresses 91.236.77.54

Network Whois record

Queried whois.ripe.net with "-B 91.236.77.54"...

% Information related to '91.236.77.0 - 91.236.77.255'

% Abuse contact for '91.236.77.0 - 91.236.77.255' is 'abuse@kompactleon.ro'

inetnum:        91.236.77.0 - 91.236.77.255
netname:        KOMPACT-LEON-SRL-GGN
descr:          KOMPACT LEON SRL
country:        RO
org:            ORG-KLS2-RIPE
admin-c:        HC3246-RIPE
tech-c:         HC3246-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
mnt-domains:    KOMPACT-MNT
mnt-routes:     KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
last-modified:  2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
source:         RIPE

organisation:   ORG-KLS2-RIPE
org-name:       KOMPACT LEON SRL
org-type:       OTHER
address:        Sat Bradeanu, Comuna Bradeanu, Strada Venus, nr 247, Judet Buzau
e-mail:         office@kompactleon.ro
abuse-c:        AR31445-RIPE
mnt-ref:        KOMPACT-MNT
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-02-16T17:59:45Z
last-modified:  2015-02-16T18:06:11Z
source:         RIPE

role:           Helpdesk Contact
address:        Venus 247, Comuna Bradeanu, Buzau
e-mail:         office@kompactleon.ro
admin-c:        LG7483-RIPE
tech-c:         LG7483-RIPE
nic-hdl:        HC3246-RIPE
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-02-16T18:13:13Z
last-modified:  2015-02-20T15:41:46Z
source:         RIPE

% Information related to '91.236.77.0/24AS200992'

route:          91.236.77.0/24
descr:          KOMPACT LEON SRL
origin:         AS200992
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
last-modified:  2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
source:         RIPE

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.87.4 (DB-2)

-- end --
URL for this output  |  return to CentralOps.net, a service of Hexillion

New Poster

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Comcast is such a joke. I've been getting spam e-mail for 2 months now. I had to add my Comcast account to a gmail account, as Google can actualy filter out this garbage. I've never receieved spam in my life on my e-mail account until now. It was friggen unbearable everytime I got a spam e-mail. Additionally as a test, I created a brand new Comcast e-mail and within a few days, the spam would somehow find it's way to that mailbox as well. They started coming from a .nl address intiially but now they've mixed in .net, .org, and .com. You're just a joke Comcast. Google filters this out without a problem, why can't you update your system? Pathetic. I'm just going to have to switch to my gmail permanetely even though that's going to be such a hassle, as I've been using my Comcast e-mail for years and it's registered everywhere.

 

Here's the guide I followed for anyone else.

 

https://askleo.com/how_do_i_route_my_email_through_gmail/

Regular Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering


ComcastBrett wrote:

A message from our Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering team:

 

We’d like to give the Comcast subscribers here an update on what the Comcast Email folks are doing to keep spam out of subscriber mailboxes.

 

Over the past few months, we’ve made a few updates to our filtering mechanisms which have improved the catch rate of obvious spam.  Some of you may have noticed less spam in your mailbox, though some may not. 

 

Spam filtering seems easy, and for some classes of spam it is, but there is always some left over that isn’t detected. We always look for ways to efficiently deal with the harder-to-catch spam that invariably gets through, balanced with not being too aggressive and blocking legitimate email.

 

Over the next few days, Comcast is rolling out another update to our spam filtering mechanisms.  This update has been in development/testing for a few months. We expect it to have a positive impact on subscriber mailboxes.  

 

Your help is invaluable. Along with the spam filtering we do, reporting spam (as well as reporting legitimate mail misclassified as spam) helps alert us to new spam sources, to email sources that have cleaned up their act, and to misclassified legitimate email.   For the subscribers that already send us spam reports, we thank you.  For those that do not yet, we urge you to do so – the more “this is spam” and “this is not spam” reports we receive, the better Comcast’s spam filtering will work for all subscribers.

 

Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering

 

How To: Mark Emails as Spam

How To: Setting Up Spam Filters and Email Filters


Since this "update", I'm getting more spam, not less.  I have filters setup to mark emails from certain domains as spam, but now I'm getting obvious spam from different domains.

 

I don't need toner for my printer, a special deal on a credit card, a CVS gift card, the hottest girls, or any of the other promotions that have found their way into my inbox.

 

Marking the emails as spam has no impact on what shows up.  I've been doing that for what seems like years, and it has never made any difference.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering


gdio53 wrote:

ComcastBrett wrote:

A message from our Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering team:

 

We’d like to give the Comcast subscribers here an update on what the Comcast Email folks are doing to keep spam out of subscriber mailboxes.

 

Over the past few months, we’ve made a few updates to our filtering mechanisms which have improved the catch rate of obvious spam.  Some of you may have noticed less spam in your mailbox, though some may not. 

 

Spam filtering seems easy, and for some classes of spam it is, but there is always some left over that isn’t detected. We always look for ways to efficiently deal with the harder-to-catch spam that invariably gets through, balanced with not being too aggressive and blocking legitimate email.

 

Over the next few days, Comcast is rolling out another update to our spam filtering mechanisms.  This update has been in development/testing for a few months. We expect it to have a positive impact on subscriber mailboxes.  

 

Your help is invaluable. Along with the spam filtering we do, reporting spam (as well as reporting legitimate mail misclassified as spam) helps alert us to new spam sources, to email sources that have cleaned up their act, and to misclassified legitimate email.   For the subscribers that already send us spam reports, we thank you.  For those that do not yet, we urge you to do so – the more “this is spam” and “this is not spam” reports we receive, the better Comcast’s spam filtering will work for all subscribers.

 

Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering

 

How To: Mark Emails as Spam

How To: Setting Up Spam Filters and Email Filters


Since this "update", I'm getting more spam, not less.  I have filters setup to mark emails from certain domains as spam, but now I'm getting obvious spam from different domains.

 

I don't need toner for my printer, a special deal on a credit card, a CVS gift card, the hottest girls, or any of the other promotions that have found their way into my inbox.

 

Marking the emails as spam has no impact on what shows up.  I've been doing that for what seems like years, and it has never made any difference.


"Hottest girls..."  Funny, I get those, too. Hot girls with glasses, Hot girls with dogs, Hot girls with cars...I've traced them to a .nl domain, and reported to comcast, in this forum, but nothing gets done.  It would seem easy to me to re-route, but nooooooooooooooo.

 

Anyway, I used to flag spam to comcast years ago, but it never made any difference.  I haven't had a spam hit my comcast spam box in years.  All this talk of 'we're woking on it', and 'we need your help'...it's probably at the bottom of their to do list.  Does anything at the bottom of my to do list ever get done?  Nope.  And don't forget, comcast claims that email is an 'extra'.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

i've also had a comcast email account for many, many years.  I have over three years of email still in my account, but NOT one single spam, even though I've got spam enabled.  Spam still hits my inbox everyday.  And it's obvious spam.  The FROM is always a bunch of nonsensical characters...obvious spam, but comcast spam filters can't route it to the spam folder.  Most of it is also from .nl domains.  For instance:

 

http://www.hydrobekken.nl

http://www.aquaklinikk.nl

http://www.vaeske-republikken.nl

 

and:

 

http://www.geek-trained.com

http://www.spixfolio.com

 

If you go to any of these sites, you'll see the same home page.  An IP lookup or WHOIS search directs you to the same company in Romania, and that they have  the IP block 91.236.77.xxx reserved.  Why can't Comcast fix this?:

 

 
user: anonymous [50.174.188.179]
balance: 39 units
  log in | account info
  CentralOps.net

Address lookup

canonical name vaeske-republikken.nl.
aliases  
addresses 91.236.77.54

Network Whois record

Queried whois.ripe.net with "-B 91.236.77.54"...

% Information related to '91.236.77.0 - 91.236.77.255'

% Abuse contact for '91.236.77.0 - 91.236.77.255' is 'abuse@kompactleon.ro'

inetnum:        91.236.77.0 - 91.236.77.255
netname:        KOMPACT-LEON-SRL-GGN
descr:          KOMPACT LEON SRL
country:        RO
org:            ORG-KLS2-RIPE
admin-c:        HC3246-RIPE
tech-c:         HC3246-RIPE
status:         ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
mnt-domains:    KOMPACT-MNT
mnt-routes:     KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
last-modified:  2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
source:         RIPE

organisation:   ORG-KLS2-RIPE
org-name:       KOMPACT LEON SRL
org-type:       OTHER
address:        Sat Bradeanu, Comuna Bradeanu, Strada Venus, nr 247, Judet Buzau
e-mail:         office@kompactleon.ro
abuse-c:        AR31445-RIPE
mnt-ref:        KOMPACT-MNT
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-02-16T17:59:45Z
last-modified:  2015-02-16T18:06:11Z
source:         RIPE

role:           Helpdesk Contact
address:        Venus 247, Comuna Bradeanu, Buzau
e-mail:         office@kompactleon.ro
admin-c:        LG7483-RIPE
tech-c:         LG7483-RIPE
nic-hdl:        HC3246-RIPE
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-02-16T18:13:13Z
last-modified:  2015-02-20T15:41:46Z
source:         RIPE

% Information related to '91.236.77.0/24AS200992'

route:          91.236.77.0/24
descr:          KOMPACT LEON SRL
origin:         AS200992
mnt-by:         KOMPACT-MNT
created:        2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
last-modified:  2015-04-20T12:17:11Z
source:         RIPE

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.87.4 (DB-2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Like the person 2 posts above mine, I make sure to mark every unwanted message as spam. And yet I see the same 10-15 senders over and over and over again. Is there an actual function of the "Spam" button? Because when I mark something as spam at my work, it blacklists that sender and automatically sends all their future emails into the junk folder.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Your 'updates' are not working for me either. It is getting worse to the point where comcast email is no longer priority. Gmail is much more efficient.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

I can tell you for SURE (100% certainty) that the Comcast E-mail spam filters are not working.  They have not been working for many, many months.

 

Her is how I KNOW for SURE:  I have had the same Comcast E-mail address for more than 4 years.  However, I always have used  MS (Office Suite) Outlook and I have always been very diligent with spam filters.

 

Outlook, alone, has been sending these to the spam folder--doing a great job of protecting me, my computer, etc.

 

I have gotten a steadily increasing number of spams in my CC e-mail--but these are sent right into my spam folder in Outlook (Outlook is continuing to do a great job with spam). Then, I go back onto the Comcast e-mail and mark them as spam (AGAIN).  By checking in my Outlook spam folder, I see how long ago , I had, originally, and, immediately, marked these same e-mails as spam, most years ago.  In other words, 99.99% of these spams have been spammers for years and years and years.

 

The Comcast spam filters, actually, did work--once upon a time--but NOT ANY MORE.  In fact, I will mark them as spam in the CC e-mail, every time I see them and, yet, I will receive the very same spam in the CC E-mail day after day.  In fact, some CC Forum participants have actually listed the spams they are getting and many of these are the same ones I am getting. They are all saying the same thing--even marking these as spam, they still get into customers' e-mail accounts day after day, anyway.

 

In other words, I have created zero (0) variables on my end, including my habits of diligence regarding spam.  Therefore, I am very certain, the problems are all with the Comcast e-mail spam filters.  By the way, this coincides, exactly, with various other problems I have been having with Comcast--including the e-mail.  Quite often, it is not just one single thing wrong.  I won't go into the rest (suffice it to say there have been numerous postings about these other problems).  There had been a huge increase of reports about spam on this Forum, beginning when I noticed my own problem with the CC E-mail spam. 

 

Maybe, Comcast can get in touch with Microsoft--specifically, perhaps reach the coders for spam filtering in Outlook to get some help in correcting this quickly.  Spam is a very serious threat, obviously.  I would just add this--I wish everyone could get Outlook; however, Microsoft has kept this very expensive, intentionally.  As far as I know, you would have to purchase the entire Microsoft Office Suite [Professional Version]. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Yes!  I, too, have been getting the same emails from a .nl domain.  I mark them as spam, I've forwarded them as an attachment to the missed-spam address over and over and over and over and N O T H I N G happens.  They keep coming.  

 

Comcast is USELESS.  I've called the useless, worthless off-shore tech support and get nothing but lip service.  I've made filters, but have to constantly tweak them and they end up marking legitimate mail as spam.  I get spam from this .nl

domain twice a day, if not more.

 

I have my Comcast mail also routed through my Gmail account and Google catches 100% of the spam that Comcast misses after marking it initally as spam just ONCE on Gmail.

 

 

WHAT IS COMCAST DOING ABOUT THIS?!

Service Expert

Re: Updates on spam filtering

My Comcast email account rarely get spam. In fact, over the many years I've had the account there have been less than 10 spam mails sent to it.

 

For my husband's account, it's different. The spam setting is enabled. HOWEVER, every day spam is sitting in his inbox. None of it goes to the Spam folder.

 

Yesterday in his email were 46 new mails. 44 of them were spam.

It's the same each time his email is checked. Numerous new mails, very few legitimate mail and on some days ALL new mail is spam.

 

Each time they are reported. The next day more spam, with 95% being the same things over and over.

He is solicited for new windows or a roof for our house, home insurance, auto insurance, MediGap, health insurance, Christie Brinkley beauty cream, neuropothy treatments, reverse mortgages, traditional mortgages, printer ink, Proactive acne treatment, home warranty repair plans, VOIP top voice solution, swimsuits for all, credit card offers, home security systems, and the list goes on and on.

 

Marking as spam has NEVER worked for his email.

 

The email view is set with the reading pane turned off. The emails are NEVER read-spammers do insert beacons that "phone home" when a mail is read, letting them know the email address is active.

 

Comcast, this got old a long time ago. All that is asked for spam filtering that works.

 

 

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Amazing, isn't it?!

 

All of my email accounts are swamped with spam.  Just swamped.  It's gotten worse over the last month.  I've also closed my reading pane to compensate for comcast's inability to even try to control this.

 

Their silence on this issue is deafening.

Regular Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering


ComcastBrett wrote:

A message from our Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering team:

 

We’d like to give the Comcast subscribers here an update on what the Comcast Email folks are doing to keep spam out of subscriber mailboxes.

 

Over the past few months, we’ve made a few updates to our filtering mechanisms which have improved the catch rate of obvious spam.  Some of you may have noticed less spam in your mailbox, though some may not. 

 

Spam filtering seems easy, and for some classes of spam it is, but there is always some left over that isn’t detected. We always look for ways to efficiently deal with the harder-to-catch spam that invariably gets through, balanced with not being too aggressive and blocking legitimate email.

 

Over the next few days,

 

It's been over two weeks.  What's the status?

 

Comcast is rolling out another update to our spam filtering mechanisms.  This update has been in development/testing for a few months. We expect it to have a positive impact on subscriber mailboxes.  

 

Your help is invaluable. Along with the spam filtering we do, reporting spam (as well as reporting legitimate mail misclassified as spam) helps alert us to new spam sources, to email sources that have cleaned up their act, and to misclassified legitimate email.   For the subscribers that already send us spam reports, we thank you.  For those that do not yet, we urge you to do so – the more “this is spam” and “this is not spam” reports we receive, the better Comcast’s spam filtering will work for all subscribers.

 

Comcast Anti-Abuse Engineering

 

How To: Mark Emails as Spam

How To: Setting Up Spam Filters and Email Filters


 

Service Expert

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Filters can be set up IF one is NOT using the new Xfinity Connect platform OR an email client.

The new version does not allow for filters to be set up.

 

However, it's not feasible to set up a filter for every spam mail. The sheer amount of spam would result in an overwhelming number of filters.

 

 

 

 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

With the "new" updates to spam filtering I need to constantly check the spam folder.  Yesterday I had 5 spam emails in my inbox, and 3 legitimate emails in the spam folder!  Great updateSmiley Sad

Regular Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

I am unable to retrive my emails since Aug 11th  My  case #  CR621190205

I added spam filters in my Preferences tab  not all of my email now gets filtered 

It will not allow me to delete these filters  says (problem in saving)  Now keep in mind a few weeks ago I was able to delete the very same filters 

As it did the same thing with all my email  I thought  I did something wrong by un-checking the box at the bottom

Do Not Process additional filters

So this time I left the box checked and now I get no emails and I cannot delets these filters

 

Please Help  

New Poster

Re: Updates on spam filtering

I'm surprised that there aren't many more posts here.  This has to be the tip of the iceberg.

 

A couple of years ago, I called to complain about this issue.  The level one support was useless.  When I mentioned that messages from addresses that were already in my address book were being put into the spam folder by Comcast's alleged system, the alleged tech's response was to shut off the alleged spam filter so that wouldn't happen.  Sigh...

 

On second thought, he may have been on to something.  After all, the spam filter seems to catch less spam than it sends through.

 

As I recall, when I first signed up for Comcast years ago, I immediately started receiving spam to addresses that theoretically were known only to myself and Comcast.  Of course, when I pointed this out to them, I got absolutely no response.

 

The amount of spam I'm receiving has gone up since the "upgrade."  I already have 265 e-mail filters.  All some spammer with a 42 character gibberish address and absurd domain has to do is put in an extra space or unusual character and the spam makes it through.  I shouldn't have to be doing work that Comcast needs to be doing at a system level.  If G-mail and others can catch this stuff, perhaps Comcast needs to subcontract.  And, no, thank you, I don't want to install some Norton filter.  Years ago, I decided that their slogan should be "If you've got Norton, you don't need a virus."

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: Updates on spam filtering

Your post was removed for a violation of Forum Guidelines [bypassing the profanity filters]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Updates on spam filtering

I just got off the phone with Customer Security Assurance regardng the constant spam and you people are absolutely

 

WORTHLESS.  I got nothing but lip service, usless information read from a script by an incompetent robotic support agent.  He told me NOTHING that I haven't tried already.  An absolute waste of time.

 

What are you people doing about this?  Google can filter the identical spam when my Comcast email is downloaded through Gmail, yet Comcast lets it all through.  For paying over $250 a month, I get garbage email and garbage customer service.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats