Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to receive gmail on my comcast email

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Unable to receive gmail on my comcast email

For the past 3-4 weeks I've been unable to receive gmail on my comcast.net account.  I believe I can still send.  Initially I was blaming it on one account..now I realize I'm not receiving any gmail. I called comcast and they said I would have to call gmail.  There is no tech support # and I can't find the answer on gmail support.  I saw someone else had a similar issue ...and same answer from comcast...blame gmail...but no answers.  Please help!

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to receive gmail on my comcast email

There have been 4 that have been added...not by me I might add...but how do I know which one is about the gmail headers?  The don't have names.

View answer in context
Gold Problem Solver

jwatson1 wrote:

For the past 3-4 weeks I've been unable to receive gmail on my comcast.net account.  I believe I can still send.  Initially I was blaming it on one account..now I realize I'm not receiving any gmail. I called comcast and they said I would have to call gmail.  There is no tech support # and I can't find the answer on gmail support.  I saw someone else had a similar issue ...and same answer from comcast...blame gmail...but no answers.  Please help!

Are you saying that all email from a gmail address is not getting through to your XfinityConnect Inbox?

What happens if you send a test message to yourself from Gmail?  Do you receive it?

Are you getting any error messages at all?  If YES, copy/paste the entire error message you are receiving please.

Do you know if the Senders are getting a bounced error message?

Which browser and version are you using?

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Gold Problem Solver
Moved:

This post was moved to a secure area because it contains personal information (email addresses) You are not allowed to post any personal information in the PUBLIC forums. READ the NEW POST addressed to you in the Email Forum.

Frequent Visitor

-18-201412:41 PM

jwatson1 wrote:

Are you saying that all email from a gmail address is not getting through to your XfinityConnect Inbox?That is correct...from all gmail addresses that I know about so far

What happens if you send a test message to yourself from Gmail?  Do you receive it? NO

Are you getting any error messages at all?  If YES, copy/paste the entire error message you are receiving please. No error message

Do you know if the Senders are getting a bounced error message? They do not get a bounced message which makes this whole thing very frustrating...they are thinking I'm not reply to them.  According to gmail forums...if no bounced back messages...their messages are getting through!

Which browser and version are you using? I use windows live mail through windows 7 home premium.  When I go onto the comcast email site through chome or explorer those emails from gmail also do not show. I use a lap top and iphone to get my emails and occasionally a desk top.

Thank you replying...I wish comcast support over the phone were responsive to my needs especially since we pay  almost $200/month for their services.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Gold Problem Solver

Please tell us what your Settings are in Windows Live Mail.

Do you get the Gmail messages at all on your iPhone?

Post the settings you are using in Gmaiol as well.

Let's check and make sure that the SAFE List is not turned on too.  However, it is it ON, you would only receive email from senders that you added to the Safe List, no matter where they are from (comcast, Gmail, etc.)

To check:

Click on this link:

https://customer.comcast.com/Secure/UserSettings/

Sign in with your PRIMARY Username and password

Click on the Username not getting email

Click on Email Settings link

Scroll down to the SAFE List and see if it is ON.  If it is, click on the button to turn it off.

safe sender (2).JPG

Post back,

CC

Frequent Visitor

I'm not sure what settings you mean in Windows Live mail. Can I chat with someone live..either on phone on electronically?

No I don't get gmail messages on my phone.

I don't have a gmail account so therefore no settings.

The safe list was off.

Frequent Visitor

I never got a reply to my last answers although I was asked in an email today if it solved my problems....NO!

There was one message I received that said it was moved to a restricted area because it had personal info..which I didn't think it had. When I followed that link to see that response my access was denied even after I signed into my account.

I'm still waiting for further help.

Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

where is the private email forum?  

BTW, just spent 30min + with a live chat support person ..thought maybe I was getting somewhere and then my comcast server went in and out and I lost my connection! I still don't understand why a live tech person on the phone can't help. Looking at this forums, I know I'm not alone with this problem.

Email Expert

I would call Comcast security at this point and see if Gmail is being blocked to your account for some reason.  If it is they are the ones who can fix it-----------

"The Customer Security Assurance organization has been established to ensure a safe and secure online experience for Comcast customers. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected PCs (commonly referred to as "bots"), online fraud and other security issues."

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello jwatson1

I checked into your account and it looks like you have filter rules enabled to discard messages based on gmail headers. To remove the filters or modify them, log in through Xfinity Connect web, navigate to Preferences Tab, Click Email, Email Filters.

Regards,

AA_Brian

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Wow thank you Brian....that's what I needed someone to do for me!  I will check when I get home later  tonight.

Frequent Visitor

There have been 4 that have been added...not by me I might add...but how do I know which one is about the gmail headers?  The don't have names.

Frequent Visitor

I noticed I got a new message but it wouldn't allow me to click on it.  But thanks to Brian's help, I talked to a tech support for 2 min and got it figured out!!!

It's too bad the first tech person I talked to 2 weeks ago was so quick to dismis it as not something comast could help with! 

Frequent Visitor

I have also not been able to recieve mail from my comcast account for some time now. Gmail is fine and I can send mail to my comcast account. I tried used these setting which I got off the internet and even tried changing my password. I also can sign on to my comcast account just fine.

POP (INcoming) 995 with SSL ON

SMTP (Outgoing) Port 465 with SSL ON

This server requires Authentication must be checked

Servers: mail.comcast.net and smtp.comcast.net

Frequent Visitor

Hi;

I was searching blogs on my issue of my email (gmail account for the non profit I work for) not getting through any Comcast.net members email.  My issue is the same; I send an email via my gmail account to members.  Those that have a comcast.net account do not receive.  It doesn't go to spam either and I don't receive any error message. 

Below is part of a string of messages betgween you and jwatson1 about the exact same issue.  Do you know if this in fact was the solution? 

Here is what you (AA_Brian) wrote on ‎03-05-2014 03:12 PM 

Hello jwatson1

I checked into your account and it looks like you have filter rules enabled to discard messages based on gmail headers. To remove the filters or modify them, log in through Xfinity Connect web, navigate to Preferences Tab, Click Email, Email Filters.

Regards,

AA_Brian

Thanks and Regards,

Thom in Charleston, SC

Official Employee

TGinCHS wrote:

Hi;

I was searching blogs on my issue of my email (gmail account for the non profit I work for) not getting through any Comcast.net members email.  My issue is the same; I send an email via my gmail account to members.  Those that have a comcast.net account do not receive.  It doesn't go to spam either and I don't receive any error message. 

Below is part of a string of messages betgween you and jwatson1 about the exact same issue.  Do you know if this in fact was the solution? 

Here is what you (AA_Brian) wrote on ‎03-05-2014 03:12 PM 

Hello jwatson1

Regards,

AA_Brian

Thanks and Regards,

Thom in Charleston, SC

TGinCHS-

Can you please send me a private message with the gmail address you're sending this from?

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Hi

Here is my email;

--redacted-- (this account is via Gmail)

Thanks.

TG

(I removed the address, will take a look  -ComcastDaveL)

Official Employee

TGinCHS wrote:

Hi

Here is my email;

--redacted-- (this account is via Gmail)

Thanks.

TG

(I removed the address, will take a look  -ComcastDaveL)

TGinCHS-

I have sent you a private forum message with some helpful information.

Private Messages (PM's)

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as `PM's'. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums.

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting.

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

I just installed xfinity internet in my home and can no longer send gmail out from Outlook. I am receiving gmail but cannot send it out from Outlook anymore. I can do it in other wifi systems, just not my new network.

Can you help me fix this? I have looked at the forum answers and tried setting preferences in the Xfinity Connect, but that doesn't affect my gmail coming into my Outlook.

Can you help?

Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Hello;

I seem to have the same problem again.  My original problem started in Nov 2014 and you helped me fix, now my latst known email was received by a comcast user (from my gmail account) on or about Jan 27.   Can you check this for me again?

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor

Hi

This issue has come up again.  I sent a note on this forum a couple weeks ago but am not sure if you received.  CAn you pls advise that you hve this and are seeking a solution or advice for me?

New Poster

Listen - Your first problem is  your using Comcast as en email service.  Get something reliable like gmail or outlook.  

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 9 in conversation