Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Unable to access Xfi app on my phone, tablet or laptop

Regular Visitor

Unable to access Xfi app on my phone, tablet or laptop

I received and upgraded my modem about a week ago and turned on Xfi.  It worked fine for about 4 days.  Now, my internet is working fine, but I get a message that I need to upgrade before I can use Xfi.  I've called Comcast support twice so far, and they keep telling me they'll escalate as they have no idea why this is happening.  I've done all the troubleshooting they've asked me to do, including power cycling my modem repeatedly at their request (seems to be the only solution they know!) but that has not worked.  I've refused to factory reset it for now because I just went through the installation and nothing is broken except the cloud access to Xfi.  I'm sure this problem is somewhere on the Xfinity Cloud side but cannot find anyone at Comcast who can actually speak intelligently about what is happening when .I try to connect to Xfi from any device and any location.  Repeat, there is nothing wrong with my internet access or wifi access on this network, only unable to login to Xfinity Xfi and manage my account.

Official Employee

Re: Unable to access Xfi app on my phone, tablet or laptop

lisabinsj, thanks for reaching out here. We need to exchange your modem because it is not Xfi enabled. I'm not sure how you were able to access the service before, but we must exchange it for a capable device. You can swap the modem at a store or I can mail one to you. Please send me a private message with your account address and your full name for help. 

New Poster

I'm currently having the same issue after being issued a new modem. I have a Arris TG1682G modem and I'm able to access the internet with no problem. Currently my issue is being escalted to tier two support to check on the issue.

Official Employee

Hi, Mike501 - Your xFi status is currently enabled. Are you still experiencing any issues?