Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Trouble reading email newlsetters written in MIME format

New Poster

Trouble reading email newlsetters written in MIME format

A soccer club I'm affiliated with sends email newsletters with branded formatting written in MIME format. The formatting renders just fine if I open the message on my iPhone, but the formatting is stripped if I read the message through my comcast.net login or through Outlook.  The source code reads, in part,

MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
    boundary="Message-Boundary-by-Mail-Sender-1429834891"

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand
this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

I cannot find any information online about how to resolve this issue.  I've been told this newsletter template was written in the "simplest code possible."  Any ideas?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Trouble reading email newlsetters written in MIME format

If emails from this sender are the only ones without formatting, then there's something wrong with the way they are being created.

If no emails have formatting in webmail, check to see if Preferences / Email / Reading Email / Display emails is set to HTML. Outlook may have a similar setting.

The source lines you included are very common and don't help much. Outlook and webmail both understand MIME.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation