Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Transferring Comcast User Name/Email Address from one Comcast account to another (Not Solved)

ANSWERED
New Poster

Transferring Comcast User Name/Email Address from one Comcast account to another (Not Solved)

My first thread: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Transferring-Comcast-User-Name-Email-Address-from-on...

I am trying to transfer my current email address from my personal account to a parents. I understand that I do not need to do so if I cancel my account and log in at least every 9 months.

I will not be able to log in every 9 months.

I followed all instructions in my previous thread (which was marked solved) and am still getting the run around from Comcast. I was told they were handling the issue and that it was being advanced up the flag pole to someone who would call both myself and parents to authorize the transfer. No such call ever came. I need this solved ASAP. What is the issue?!?!

Accepted Solution

Re: Transferring Comcast User Name/Email Address from one Comcast account to another (Not Solved)

Hi GregoryMarch, you can transfer your username and password to your parents account but only with their permission. The best way to get this done is to have you and your parents to go into a local Comcast service center and have them do it there. You can also do this over the phone with both you and your parent(s) present to authenticate their account. For your security we cannot perform this task online. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me via private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Transferring Comcast User Name/Email Address from one Comcast account to another (Not Solved)

Hi GregoryMarch, you can transfer your username and password to your parents account but only with their permission. The best way to get this done is to have you and your parents to go into a local Comcast service center and have them do it there. You can also do this over the phone with both you and your parent(s) present to authenticate their account. For your security we cannot perform this task online. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me via private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me". 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation