Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Transfering Email from Verizon

Visitor

Transfering Email from Verizon

Have been trying to transfer my emails from my Verizon email using the transfermyemail.com option but it keeps coming back saying it can not varify the verizon email. I have tested the password and know it works.

Transfermyemail says it supports migration from verizon so I don't know why it isn't working.

Email Expert

Re: Transfering Email from Verizon

Try doing the transfer directly from the Plaxo website (they provide the address book) by going here----------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

Sign in with your Comcast user Id and password.  Navigate to the address book and try it there, by clicking on Address Book in the top toolbar, and then Import on the next one you see.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Okay, I have gone through Plaxo and transfered my contacts. I need emails and folders to transfer though.

Email Expert

The transfer link should work, but I'll escalate this to the forum administrator level to see if we can get some more traction on it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi MikeT24, did the transfer bring over your inbox and are you just missing emails in the folders?  

Per TransferMyEmail.com FAQs:

Some providers ( Verizon, Earthlink, Juno, PeoplePCRoad RunnerTWC) only support a specific server connection called POP, which means that the only emails we’re able to transfer to Comcast are the messages in the main Inbox folder of your source account. If any messages are moved out of the Inbox and into other folders, then we don’t have access to them, and they won't be transferred. Additionally, the transferred information will be in a single folder in your Comcast account labelled with the name of your old provider (ex: if your old provider is Verizon, the folder will be called “Verizon”).

To send any missing information to Comcast, the best thing to do is move all of the messages from your other folders into your main Inbox, and then start a new migration from the start page. Only the messages that weren’t transferred the first time will be sent to your Comcast account.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

As of this moment, no emails have been transfered to the new account (from the main folder either). Plaxo only successfully transfered the contacts.

*Edit: Tried Transfermyemail one more time just to make sure it wasn't some freak accident before and got the same message "Could not validate account" under my verizon email. I have also tried transfering my emails from verizon to gmail using the service they recommend and got a similar error prompt.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation