Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Transfer Address Book to other Comcast e-mail accounts attached to the main account

New Poster

Transfer Address Book to other Comcast e-mail accounts attached to the main account

Is it possible to tranfer/copy ALL of the Address Book information in my main e-mail account to the other two e-mail addresses attached to that account. If so, how is it accomplished? 

Email Expert

Re: Transfer Address Book to other Comcast e-mail accounts attached to the main account

Yes you can.  You export the address book from the primary account to your computer as a .csv file, and then import it into the other accounts just as if you were importing it to an account from another email provider.  From the Inbox page, go to Address Book>>>>>>Export All>>>>>>Export.  It should be set to Microsoft .csv by default.  Now I am on a Mac, and it auto-saves it to a folder on my desktop.  If you are running Windows it should go to whatever you have set as your download folder.  Once you have it located, then open the other account and reverse the process----------------Address Book>>>>>>Build Your Address Book>>>>>>>>Import>>>>>CSV Import.  Then navigate to the file you saved and upload it.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Transfer Address Book to other Comcast e-mail accounts attached to the main account

Thanks! It ALMOST worked. Everything went well untill I got to Export- an icon saying CSV showed, I selected it, downloaded to Downloads file, and it showed up in the file as plaxo_ab-outlook. So far so good. Opened up the other account, went to Address Book>>Build Your Adress Book>>Import>>. At this point it asks for the .csv file to be imported. I clicked the Browse button, found the file, selected it, clicked on the "open" button, and the entire nomenclature appeared in the selection box.  When I clicked on the "Upload" button, a message came up saying to enter a valid .csv address. Above all of this was a highlighted message saying something about a downloadable template to bring a spreadsheet into csv format, but when I opened it up, it couldn't understand what it was referring to. Soo close...

Email Expert

OK when it says you need a "valid" file type like that, you can go directly to the Plaxo website and try to do the transfer there.  Just use your Comcast ID and password to sign into it----------------

https://www.plaxo.com/auth?secure=1

Then click on the gear icon to get started.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

OH YOU FORGOT TO MENTION YOU HAVE TO PAY PLAXO 49 BUCKS TO DO SO... COMCAST IS FALLING APART!

Email Expert

I have never heard of anyone being charged by either Plaxo or Comcast for simply copying your own address book to a secondary account. At what point in the process did you encounter this?  We have directed a lot of folks here in the forum to use the same method when they encountered the "need valid file type" issue, and until now not one has ever come back and said there was any additional charge for doing so.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

THERES AN ENTIRE THREAD ABOUT IT ON HERE - AND ANOTHER ONE ASKING WHAT HAPPENED TO THE FREE PLAXO ACCOUNTS - CSV ADMIN ENDED IT BY PMING THE OP WHICH ALWAYS MEANS THEYRE DOING SOMETHING FOR THE CUSTOMER THAT THEY DONT WANT OTHERS TO SEE - WHEN YOU GO TO IMPORT IT TELLS YOU TO UPGRADE TO PLATINUM SYNC ACCOUNT - CLAIMS YOU GET A FREE 30 DAY TRIAL AND THEN ITS 4.95 A MONTH AND WANTS YOU TO PAY FOR A YEARS SUBSCRIPTION AND ENTER A CC NUMBER. NO WAY AROUND IT TO IMPORT FOR FREE. 

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation