Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Texting online - error page

Frequent Visitor

Texting online - error page

I am unable to get to my "text messaging" online on the web.mail page.  The other links:  voice/address book/calendar, etc work fine.  I tried "chat support" and was on chat for an hour.  I was rerouted to 3 wrong support people.  I gave up in fury.  I still have the issue.  I called in, and was told it was an issue with the website, but it's now been 6 hours.  So...I don't have text anymore?

page2.jpg
New Poster

Re: Texting online - error page

I've had the same problem.  Just started a few days ago.  Clicking on the Text Messaging tab on the My Xfinity main emailbox display page takes me to the same error display.  Is Comcast taking away the ability to use the text messaging feature from your desktop or laptop PC browser?  Are they trying to get everyone to move over to the smartphone app?  At least they could provide us with a Windows 10 or Chrome app as a substitute so we could still use our desktops for texting.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Texting online - error page

Well, apparently it was all on Comcasts end...because it's working now.  Too bad I wasted so much time on chat trying to get help, that was useless.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation