Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Take off "Remember Me" for my emails

New Poster

Take off "Remember Me" for my emails

My email password and user name automatically comes up.  I must have set up a "remember me" at one time.  I want to disarm that.  How do I reverse it?

Thank you.

Loni Kissin

New Poster

Re: Take off "Remember Me" for my emails

This "cure" may seem a bit painful or at least annoying but it has worked for me. 

First an explanation:  The"remember me" status is stored in cookies on your PC.  You can "delete all cookies" and ALL stored cookies will be deleted along with temporary files, history, stored passwords (the "remember me" type stuff). 

I don't know what OS you are using but on Windows 7 and 10, the "Delete" function can be found in Control Panel - Internet Options - General.  Please understand that ALL cookies will be deleted, not just the one for Comcast.  If you are somewhat computer "aware" and want to spend the time, you can look at all cookies stored on your PC and search for the specific Comcast cookie that has the information stored and delete ONLY that one.  BUT there could be hundreds of cookies to look at.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation