Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Switched from POP3 to IMAP

New Poster

Switched from POP3 to IMAP

I just switched to IMAP from POP3 because I was getting hundreds of duplicate message to my Outlook PC.   Now I can send messages but can not receive them.  Tehy show up on the Comcast system but I can not get them to the PC that I made the IMP changes to.  My Mobile phone - always set up with IMap can still receive them.

After the change I ran the test setting in Outlook and it appeared to be able to send and receive.  In fact the test messages sent show up -  I just can not see them from that maching.  

What am I doing wrong?    HELP!

Official Employee

Re: Switched from POP3 to IMAP

Make sure that your Incoming AND Outgoing IMAP settings are configured in your mail client. This is usually set up automatically when initially adding an account, but doesn't often (almost never) happen when converting or changing an account. 

You should be able to find instructions for your version of Outlook here.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email/

EDIT: You may find this help article useful as well - https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/pop-imap-microsoft-outlook/

piepenb321 wrote:

I just switched to IMAP from POP3 because I was getting hundreds of duplicate message to my Outlook PC.   Now I can send messages but can not receive them.  Tehy show up on the Comcast system but I can not get them to the PC that I made the IMP changes to.  My Mobile phone - always set up with IMap can still receive them.

After the change I ran the test setting in Outlook and it appeared to be able to send and receive.  In fact the test messages sent show up -  I just can not see them from that maching.  

What am I doing wrong?    HELP!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation