Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Success with Apple “Senior Advisors?” Next level of representative re: Apple email???

ANSWERED
Contributor

Success with Apple “Senior Advisors?” Next level of representative re: Apple email???

I am trying to resolve a problem with Apple & Comcast

on email notifications which are NOT arriving at Comcast webmail.

Have gone 2 months now with no real fix.

It is not all email, but it is crucial email that is generated using an Apple ID.

I am wondering if anyone here has gotten past "Senior Advisor" level at Apple????

The consequence:

Means that 3rd party applications for both iOS and the desktop bought via Apple's Appstore are dead-ended; I cannot get the updates that are pending.

At Apple, I am left with a "Tier 2" (Senior Advisor) level of contact.

Apparently one can never speak to application engineers that have actual power, from what I have been told to date.

Accepted Solution

Re: Success with Apple “Senior Advisors?” Next level of representative re: Apple emai

FRANCISCO you are a hero!!!

Thanks for your help. Its been a long wait to get this working.

FIXED!

The block is finally off & appropriate emails arrived!!!

View answer in context
Customer Expert

Re: Success with Apple “Senior Advisors?” Next level of representative re: Apple emai

Change the email to something other than Comcast (for example, gmail).

Contact Comcast Security to let the domain's email go through for a while so that you can change it.

Emails blocked by Comcast are not Apple's problem.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Hi Beth,

Apple or Comcast: That hadn't been eminently clear.

After I posted this question, I decided to try Advisors again - but with new eyes & ears; 

a different Apple Senior Advisor. Same level, though a different person, as my contact attempts were going unnoticed with the first one.

fwiw: The previous advisor was nice enough, well-spoken & tried valiantly, but new ears may be useful. 

IMPORTANT PART:

It wasn't possible to change the address to something new other than Comcast -

I needed access to the ID in order to make such a change.

I have made some small, but very significant progress with the new Apple Senior Advisor which may resolve my issues since this question was posted to the Comcast forum. It is not concluded yet.

That new success MAY circumvent the need for an email arriving at comcast

(keeping my fingers crossed).

* I wanted to avoid making multiple entries that didn't really constitute an solution -- intending to wait until it was completely resolved; or proven completely hopeless, but I felt your response warranted a response in kind.

Customer Expert

Any further progress? 

If you can have a message sent and note when it was blocked by Comcast, the Comcast security folks might be able to determine why it is being blocked.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

I have nothing good to report, thus I haven't added to the post. Here's the latest:

Comcast: CC_AA looked at it & responded via PM a few times. Has been helpful.

Comcast seems to need to know the issuing SMTP address to know why an account doesn't work.

Comcast phone support hasn't impressed me. Chat: better.

Repeats still lead to the same result after I explain the circumstances; they send something to the Postmaster,

in 3+ days turnaround comes back with exactly the same message asking for a sending address.

Apple side: So far its been a false alarm on the issue. New advisors, same end.

Apparently Tier 2 Apple Advisors are the highest echelon customer resort.

Apple advisors have been by & large nice & have good communication skills. Hang-ups appear procedural.
Sidenote that one Apple advisor did get a little "school marmy" in tone on me when she got to the end of her spiel & I wasn't taking no for an answer, yet overall an good experience from all the advisors. I'll take the pendantic repetition over hearing "sorry you are having problems." (Everybody apologizes for everything these days).

Note: They have much better phone support than most I have encountered eslewhere.

The people DON'T sound as though they are new on the job, bored & reading back a help screen aloud to you, with substandard reading skills. (Usually I do not need someone to read the manual aloud to me, which is often the nature of customer support). And they do NOT tell me their name is "FRED" when the accent implies otherwise.

Hitch: Apple never confirms nor denies if its an Apple problem. IF there is a bounce back on emails directed to a Comcast address, they won't even divulge the error message. This smacks, to me of the sort of arrogance that Microsoft used to assume.

I wind up in the same place on getting into the Apple account I need to access (2 methods). Eventually, they stop checking back, or responding to emails, I guess. (Hoping you will capitulate & go away, or try still another advisor? Hard to say).

Its quite possible an advisor pulled a few days off,
but the message on voicemail never reflects that, when I check in.

As for the EMAIL method/option: Apple & Comcast don't seem to breathe the same air.

My one realization: Never answer an assessment survey about "how have we done" until you are absolutely at the end of the problem & its solution trajectory!

Administrator
Administrator

jam_band wrote:

I have nothing good to report, thus I haven't added to the post. Here's the latest:

Comcast: CC_AA looked at it & responded via PM a few times. Has been helpful.

Comcast seems to need to know the issuing SMTP address to know why an account doesn't work.

Comcast phone support hasn't impressed me. Chat: better.

Repeats still lead to the same result after I explain the circumstances; they send something to the Postmaster,

in 3+ days turnaround comes back with exactly the same message asking for a sending address.

Apple side: So far its been a false alarm on the issue. New advisors, same end.

Apparently Tier 2 Apple Advisors are the highest echelon customer resort.

Apple advisors have been by & large nice & have good communication skills. Hang-ups appear procedural.
Sidenote that one Apple advisor did get a little "school marmy" in tone on me when she got to the end of her spiel & I wasn't taking no for an answer, yet overall an good experience from all the advisors. I'll take the pendantic repetition over hearing "sorry you are having problems." (Everybody apologizes for everything these days).

Note: They have much better phone support than most I have encountered eslewhere.

The people DON'T sound as though they are new on the job, bored & reading back a help screen aloud to you, with substandard reading skills. (Usually I do not need someone to read the manual aloud to me, which is often the nature of customer support). And they do NOT tell me their name is "FRED" when the accent implies otherwise.

Hitch: Apple never confirms nor denies if its an Apple problem. IF there is a bounce back on emails directed to a Comcast address, they won't even divulge the error message. This smacks, to me of the sort of arrogance that Microsoft used to assume.

I wind up in the same place on getting into the Apple account I need to access (2 methods). Eventually, they stop checking back, or responding to emails, I guess. (Hoping you will capitulate & go away, or try still another advisor? Hard to say).

Its quite possible an advisor pulled a few days off,
but the message on voicemail never reflects that, when I check in.

As for the EMAIL method/option: Apple & Comcast don't seem to breathe the same air.

My one realization: Never answer an assessment survey about "how have we done" until you are absolutely at the end of the problem & its solution trajectory!

Can you send me a private message with the user name that is having the issues. Also if you have an example email address that is being rejected I can make sure we have this investigated for you. -FC 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Can you send me a private message with the user name that is having the issues.

Also if you have an example email address that is being rejected I can make sure we have this investigated for you.

Hi Francisco.

Did so. This is Day 6:  Comcast Crickets!

Contributor

FRANCISCO you are a hero!!!

Thanks for your help. Its been a long wait to get this working.

FIXED!

The block is finally off & appropriate emails arrived!!!

Customer Expert

Congratulations!

I wish I knew what finally worked. But this was probably a special case. 

Maybe we can say persistence worked. Keep asking Apple and Comcast.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation