Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Spam Leaks Through - IMAP

Contributor

Spam Leaks Through - IMAP

Since the move to IMAP client email systems have been plagued with Spam. While Comcast properly moves Spam to the Spam Folder, a client email program continues to receive the Spam rendering the Comcast Spam Filter useless. Windows10 Outlook, standalone Outlook and Windows 2012 Live Mail all have an issue since IMAP was made the new standard.

With Spam becoming a constant, if not growing, element it is disappointing that Comcast no longer effectively filters Spam as the once did.

Contributor

Re: Spam Leaks Through - IMAP

Spam continues to appear in my Windows Live Mail client.That same spam is already stored away in the Comcast spam folder. I do not know if this is my fault, a bad IMAP implementation, or something that Comcast simply ignores. Perhaps it is an effort to get customers away from their email which is not really profitable on its own. Comcast has a total lock on internet service here or I would change today. Thus ignoring customers does not cause any commercial penalties.

Official Employee

Could you verify your Mail Client settings (hide any usernames/passwords), and also, could you verify that in Webmail, the messages are actually in the Spam folder?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Attached Settings

CaptureWiz023.jpg
CaptureWiz024.jpg
Contributor

The Windows Live client shows Spam during message receprion and automatically places it in its spam folder. I look at the Comcast Spam folder and it is totally empty. That is not logical. I have not cleared nor looked at it for awhile. No spam is in the folder.

In response to the following messaged request:

Could you verify your Mail Client settings (hide any usernames/passwords), and also, could you verify that in Webmail, the messages are actually in the Spam folder?

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation