Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Some images do not show in emails- a message says to enable images - what needs to be done - why?

New Poster

Some images do not show in emails- a message says to enable images - what needs to be done - why?

Some images in email do not appear an "x" in box instead.  Amessage says to enable images.  As far as I know they are enabled.  This is a new development

New Poster

Re: Some images do not show in emails- a message says to enable images - what needs to be done - why

I am also having that problem. Hoping there is an easy solution soon!

Contributor

Re: Some images do not show in emails- a message says to enable images - what needs to be done - why

I've been having the same problem for about 2 weeks.  Situation began shortly after the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

X's appear instead of images in emails.

Funny thing is today I received an email from Xfinity thanking me for my payment and it had the same image/x problem.

Don't know when a fix is coming but it's definitely aggravating.

Email Expert

This seems to be a browser related issue.  I am using Chrome on a Mac and I cannot duplicate this problem.  Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session.  If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Done all that you suggested and still the problem persists.

Yes, I can switch to Chrome and experience no problems.

But here's the thing, as a Comcast/Xfinity customer I should be able to use the browser I am familiar with and prefer which is Edge.

New Poster

comcast email inbox images

why are images no longer showing up in my inbx emails?..the images have x's on them like spam..I have to view on webpage to see them..this just happened recently and I have tried all kinds of settings changes etc and cannot find how to change it back.

New Poster

Downloading full email

My incoming emails are not fulling downloading.  Rather than having complete pictures with links, I simply get boxes.

How do I change the settings, so the emails completely download?

New Poster

email will not display images

i turned on sync . it worked for a day then back to will not display images

Regular Contributor

This appears to be an MS Edge issue associated with https websites that mix secure and unsecure links within the main web page URL.  The setting inside of Edge must have recently changed.

Experimenting with copy/paste of images/ black Xs in Xfinity emails, all images with http URLs Do Not display inside the email while images with https URLs Do display in the email.  Internet Explorer has an optional setting that prohibits displaying images linked to unsecure (http) websites from within a secure https website such as Xfinity webmail.  MS Edge appears to now turn this feature on by default with no simple means of changing it.

Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

I have tried email in Edge, Chrome and FireFox and I don't get email images in any of them.  I think the Xfinity email server is blocking them.

Email Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I have been dealing with all these same problems, tried all the remedies with no joy. Started to read between the lines and tried something; and it is working for me......changed my home page in Internet Options from,,,,comcast.net to xfifity.com and now my images are downloading and displaying!

Contributor

Thanks for the tip but I've had Xfinity.com as my home page setting for a while now and the problem still persists.  

I don't have a problem with email images using Chrome.  However, to my way of thnking I should be able to use Edge with no problems as well.

Seems to me that Xfinity is slow in resolving the issue since this has been going on since the Windows 10 Anniversay update that occurred weeks ago.

You would think that two big internet entities could work together to solve the problem.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having same issues with Firefox and with Chrome. Has been  happening now for about a week. Definitely something Xfinity has changed with XfinityConnect blocking images. They need to own up to it and fix it already.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 11 in conversation