Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Solved prolem saving alternative signature

New Poster

Solved prolem saving alternative signature

I attempted to create add an alternative email signature, but every attempt was met with "there was a problem saving changes."  After trying multiple times, I contacted chat who could only instruct me in the proper procedures to do it, which I already knew.  Then my modum started rebooting repeatedly.  I called Xfinity Customer Service who stopped the rebooting, but couldn't help me with the signature issue.  I was then directed to email technical department.  The fellow there tried to be helpful but couldn't figure out how to solve the problem.  He said if I continued to have problems I could call back and initate a ticket.

I eventually figured out what the problem was through trial and error and I can understand why the Xfinity folks didn't know how to solve it.  No one asked what signature I was trying to save.  Since that is personal I can understand why they wouldn't ask that question.  In testing different signatures I found I could save some, but not the one I wanted.  The reason - I finally figure out - was that part of the signature I was trying to save was in Spanish.  As soon as I replaced the characters that had accent marks, the signature saved fine.  The accent marks were preventing the signature from being saved. 

I don't know how helpful this will be to others since what I was trying to do may not apply to others efforts.  But just in case - here it is.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation