Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Security Questionnaire

Frequent Visitor

Security Questionnaire

Nearly every time I access e-mail i am presented with a set of security questions which asks for an e-mail account, security question and cell phone number. I only have one e-mail login and no cell phone, so how am I supposed to answer two questions? I appreciate the attempt to provide better personal security, but this falls short of the goal. Will there be any change in the future?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Security Questionnaire

The password recovery options leave a lot to be desired.  They were based on assumptions not based in reality for many of us.  At least you can bypass them,even if you can't turn it off. Comcast doesn't seem likely to correct their mistakes, though.

Regular Contributor

I know that a big trigger to start being hounded by this Security Verification Screen is when Customers are migrated to the "2016 New E-Mail."  This was rolled out in January 2016--15 months ago.  I recently, was put into this "New E-Mail"--that was the beginning of  my being hounded by this Security Verification Screen.  Everyone has posted about this since January 2016.  I hoped I would never have to go through this.  But now I am in the same boat.

I cannot give Comcast things I DO NOT HAVE.    I do not want to have to keep seeing this Security Verification Screen.  Like other customers, I need Comcast to shut this screen off (so that I never have to see it again).

What does Comcast suggest?  I have had service at this address since 1985.  I pay Comcast $3,000 per year for Comcast services.  Should I and other Comcast customers just cancel all of our Comcast services?  I know my puny little $3,000 a year less to a $$$MULTI-BILLION  company would be as if I lost one PENNY every 50 years.

Like others, I need a solution to this intrusive, never-ending hounding problem.

Bronze Problem Solver

The only solution Comcast offers is the "ask me later" link.  Alternatively, you could use an email client instead of Comcast's poor webmail offering. Any of the host of email clients provide many more features and much more security that any webmail.   Most of us don't have a bunch of non-Comcast emails, or a host of cell phone numbers to give them for questionable "security".

Regular Contributor

I do not like Comcast's bullying and hounding.  I actually do not believe this Security Verification is an altruistic act on the part of Comcast (seemingly all to protect Comcast Customers).  Instead, I believe this was/is designed to give Comcast a lot of extra contact methods through more and more personal contact information of Customers. Remember the FCC has relaxed and/or removed a lot of rules for cable companies--yeah, right Comcast promises not to sell our personal information--including contact information.

Right NOW, the 2016 New E-Mail  (Webmail) does not have video and audio ads, running and/or commercials, in general within the User Interface.  However, does anyone remember, when Comcast began to run all of these highly problematic things (malfunctioning ads, malfunctioning scripts, malfunctioning XYZ, etc.) on the "Old Webmails"?  I think this is a thinly veiled scheme for a big grab into Customers personal information and privacy peace of mind.----all for further hounding and bullying, IMHO,---- all based on my long experience as a customer.

I wonder how many times, EXACTLY, Comcast Customers can click through that screen by clicking on "Ask Me Later."  Can Customers do that forever?  I really need to know.

By the way, that whole process of that "Security/Recovery" questionnaire, malfunctions ITSELF.   Does anyone realize this?

Just to make sure--How many times can we use ""Ask Me Later"???

Bronze Problem Solver

It's been a couple of years (I think), and haven't hit an upper limit yet.  On the other hand, they've hit my upper limit of contact info.  I have one phone number,whis is my cell, and only Comcast email addresses.  Thus, like a whole lot of us, I can't answer their silly questions.

Regular Contributor

WTP:  As I am sure you know, there are countless posts about this all over The Forums--all using slightly different subject lines.  Almost all of these posts and replies state the same things "that  Comcast Customers CANNOT do this and/or countless Comcast Customers strongly object to this.  I am certain that Comcast Corporate "decision makers" know all about this, and yet, they have done absolutely nothing to change this hounding, predatory, robotic policy.  Further they have ignored the obvious hardships for customers.  This is bad faith, INMHO.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation