Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

SPAMHAUS blacklist

Regular Visitor

SPAMHAUS blacklist

My IP has been blacklisted by Spamhaus PBL.   I have verified with COMCAST that all of my outlook settings are correct.  Apparently, removal must be initiated by Comcast.  Please advise of a solution for removing my Comcast IP from the Spamhaus blacklist.

Following is the message:

Ref: PBL1624813

67.187.0.0/16 is listed on the Policy Block List (PBL)

Outbound Email Policy of Comcast for this IP range:

Email sent by Comcast subscribers using a mail program such as Outlook Express are required to send the email through Comcast. To insure your mail program is properly configured, please visit http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=Email117481. If you are a Comcast Commercial Services customer and need support, please contact support_biz@cable.comcast.com

Removal Procedure

Removal of IP addresses within this range from the PBL is not allowed by the netblock owner's policy.

Email Expert

Re: SPAMHAUS blacklist

Comcast security should be able to sort this out for you---------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I have already contacted Comcast Security and they appear to be clueless about SPAMHAUS.  I have also completed the Comcast form regarding blocked IP requesting to be removed from this blacklist.  I did receive a response from the form submittal and it was also useless.  Here is their response to my submittal: 

Comcast.net Block Removal Response

Thank you for contacting Comcast Customer Security Assurance. We have received and reviewed your Block List removal request.

Blocklist Removal Response: After investigating the issue, we have found that the IP you provided for removal is currently not on our blocklist.

IP Address Submitted:

We need the IP address currently blocked to further investigate this issue. The IP address is a number separated by decimals and is located in an error code starting with "550" in the returned email from Comcast.

If you have a different IP addresses which you would like considered for removal from the Comcast Blocklist: click here to learn more.

Sincerely,

Comcast Security Assurance

What is it going to take to get Comcast to stop pushing paperwork and resolve my issue?!?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Regards.

Gold Problem Solver

energyjobs wrote: ... Any suggestions are appreciated. ...

Like it says in the text you quoted in your first post, ALL residential IPs are (or should be) in the PBL and cannot be removed. If you're a Business customer, you should take this up with your Business rep.

But the statement "... Comcast subscribers ... are required to send the email through Comcast" is not quite correct. You can send using ANY service (Comcast, Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) you have an account with.

Regular Visitor

I am not a business subscriber.  I am a residential subscriber.  But, I do send send business emails from my home.

Looks like a no win situation to me.  When I call in for assistance, I get people who have no idea what "blacklist" even means and have never heard of spamhaus.  I sent the form to the security folks and they told me I don't have a problem.  Yet, you can clearly go to Spamhaus ZEN and find my Comcast IP address blacklisted in the PBL.

Spamhaus says Comcast must fix this.  Comcast says there isn't a problem.  This is the typical "catch 22" where I'm stuck with the two gotcha owners pointing at one another.

Gold Problem Solver

energyjobs wrote: ... I am a residential subscriber. ...

Why is this a problem for you? You haven't told us.

If an ISP is rejecting email you send through an email service because your IP is listed in the PBL, you need to take it up with that ISP, because they're using the list incorrectly.

If you are trying to send email directly to MX hosts from your residential IP, well, you can't do that.

Regular Visitor

So, do I need to have a business account in order to send emails to my business customers from my home?  This doesn't make sense to me.  I don't even know what an "MX Host" is.  Of course, I'm not an IT guy.  And mostly none of it makes sense to me.  Maybe what I need to do to fix this issue is contact Comcast and have them change my home account to a business account.

But,  I know that all of my emails are not going through to the other side.  For example @yahoo.com and @gmail.com for example often blocks them.  So, I checked to see if my IP address was blocked and the report came back as yes.  It is blocked by spamhaus.

I don't get it.

Thank you.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation