Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

SPAM

Regular Contributor

SPAM

Any reason for the sudden increase in SPAM emails?  I have Yahoo and Gmail. No SPAM there. Comcast at least 10 a day!

Update:  still getting spam everyday. Today I received an email telling me my account was being hacked and if I didn't click on the link they provided my account would be canceled indefinitely. Who can I report this to?  

Email Expert

Re: SPAM

Once your email address is on a spammer's list, there is no taking it back.  Spam tends to run in cycles.  I get no junk at all in my Comcast accounts, but plenty gets thrown at my Yahoo account.  All you can do is keep marking spam as such to help train the filters.  You will find this of interest---------------------

http://ask-leo.com/im_drowning_in_spam_what_can_i_do.html

and

https://askleo.com/stopping-spam-harder-think/?awt_l=E37kF&awt_m=In.RoL7ub3dfbL

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

Or maybe Comcast can see what Yahoo and Gmail do to create better Spam filters. I have no Spam with them. 

Regular Contributor

I guess I'm giving up.  The SPAM keeping increasing everyday.  I don't get SPAM with Yahoo or Gmail, so I'm moving all my email contacts to those two and leaving Comcast for just a couple that I can't change.  I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I'm creating a "Safe List" of just those email addresses I want to hear from.  "Email Safe List allows you to create a list of email addresses, mailing lists and domain names that you want to receive messages from. When enabled, only email sent from those on the Safe List will be received, all other emails will be filtered out and will not be delivered."

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation