Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

SMTP server relay restriction since 10/19/15

New Poster

SMTP server relay restriction since 10/19/15

We use smtp.comcast.com via port 587 and TLS for sending from various devices.  Since 10/19/15 a new restriction has been added that requires the FROM domain to be the same as the TO domain.  If it is not, the message is accepted by smtp.comcast.com, but is not delivered.  We have evidence of this in our logs.

Non-delivery example:

TO: joeuser@somedomain.com

This works example:

TO: maryuser@mydomain.com

Mind you, we authenticate with a valid username@comcast.net account and this had been working  for years, until last Monday.

I can't find some box to tick withing the comcast user account management to restore the previous functionality.  Has someone else noticed this and found a workaround?  This severely limits the usability of Comcast's smpt server.

Thanks.

Michael

New Poster

Re: SMTP server relay restriction since 10/19/15

It's Thanksgiving week, same year. Any update or input on this problem? I have the POP3 and IMAP INCOMING things going.. Have not yet begun configuring 2012 Standard R2 VM with "the supposed to be SMTP relay" behind Comcasts whatever it is I pay for, which they better not attempt to cap.

Official Employee

The originally stated issue must have a different root cause.  Such a restriction would be detrimental to our usability.  Are both posters the same person?  Could I get some additional details from the first poster?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

I haven't seen this specific symptom, but I've definitely seen a change in CC's SMTP that makes it basically unusable, as described in my post in this forum: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/E-Mail-and-Xfinity-Connect-Help/Sending-non-comcast-email-through-comca...

I have had to change to sending through non-comcast SMTP servers for now, but I'd really prefer a solution that allows me to use the service I'm paying for.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation