Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Reverse Spam

Regular Visitor

Reverse Spam

I accidently spamed a couple accounts and deleted them that I now need.  How do I get them back.  I never have any emails in my spam, only if a put one there.  Thank you.

Expert

Re: Reverse Spam

Can you clarify--------do you mean you marked something as Spam and then deleted it from the Spam folder?  Or is something else going on?

Regular Visitor

I received the emails and accidently marked them as spam, they went to my spam folder, and I deleted them. I do not get any spam emails at all.  I only put emails in the spam folder then delete.  I want to receive these emails again, don't know what to do.

Expert

Marking something as Spam one time would not cause you to stop getting them from that sender.  It usually takes time and a lot of markings to make that happen.  Can you contact the sender and ask them to send you an email as a test?  If you mean you need to recover the message you deleted, try right-clicking on the Trash folder and then on "Recover Deleted Items" to see if you can spot it in there, and then follow the prompts.

Regular Visitor

I finally got an email from the contact that I spammed.  Thanks for the info that they won't stop sending info to you with just one spam.  I am fine now!!!

Expert

barbk87 wrote:

I finally got an email from the contact that I spammed.  Thanks for the info that they won't stop sending info to you with just one spam.  I am fine now!!!

Glad you got it sorted out. As a precaution, pay attention to your spam folder every couple of days to make sure that you don't miss any messages from that sender.

Regular Visitor

Interestingly enough, I NEVER have anything in my spam folder unless I send it there, don't know why.

Expert

barbk87 wrote:

Interestingly enough, I NEVER have anything in my spam folder unless I send it there, don't know why.

That's not unusual.  I have three Comcast accounts right now, and I rarely get any Spam in any of them.  My Yahoo account is a study in contrast.  I get maybe 30 or 40 a day in the junk folder there.

Go figure