Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Retaining email address

New Poster

Retaining email address

If we transfer our services from comcast to another provider, is Comcast finally allowing a customer to continue to keep an existing comcast email address?  I know that in the past, it was not possible.  However, I have had some sources who have told me that comcast has finally changed its policies & will allow a customer to retain their email address - - - by simply logging into comcast.net, just like always.  (Like a customer does with any other providers, i.e., aol, yahoo, gmail, etc.  Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Retaining email address

To the best of my knowledge, it has not changed.  Once you close your Comcast Account, you will not have access since you no longer are paying for an internet connection with Comcast.

You can verify by calling thevBillingbDepartmentbatv1-800 comcast.

CC

I would suggest that that you set up a free email account now, with Gmail or Thunderbird and give that address to your contacts.  You will also want to export your address book,Mao later you can import it into the email program of your choice.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation