Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Restoring Deleted e-mail

Frequent Visitor

Restoring Deleted e-mail

Someone maliciously deleted a lot of my e-mails.  I am trying to restore them.  They were deleted from my deleted items folder.  I do not have the drop down box next to my 'Trash' folder and when I right click the only options I get are to open the trash folder in a new tab or new page.  I am using web.mail.comcast.net to access my e-mail.  Please help!  thanks!

Email Expert

Re: Restoring Deleted e-mail

Are you saying your emails got wiped by some malware?  If so, I don't think they are recoverable.  The Recover Deleted Items feature in the webmail only works on emails you deleted yourself, and it only goes back two weeks.  If you are still having trouble accessing the account, try m.comcast.net/m  That is the mobile version, but it should work on a computer too.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Gold Problem Solver

If m.comcast.net/m doesn't work, try https://web.mail.comcast.net/zimbra/m/zmain?app=mail

Frequent Visitor

This did not work.  Someone (that i know) got into my e-mail and deleted e-mails.  I would like to try and restore them.

Email Expert

christinehart22 wrote:

This did not work.  Someone (that i know) got into my e-mail and deleted e-mails.  I would like to try and restore them.

Are you saying someone you know remotely accessed your account?   If that is the case the first thing to do, and fast, is to change your password to something stronger than what it is right now.  Once that's done, you can try using the Recover Deleted Items feature.  Right-click on the Trash folder, or click on the little hamburger menu to the right of it after selecting Trash.  You will see Recover Deleted Items.  Open that and follow the prompts.  It goes back 2 weeks.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Forum Archive
About the archive project

Xfinity Forum Archive...

This is an archived section of the community.

Content in this area has been identified as outdated or irrelevant.

This change was done in an effort to make the forum easier to use and to keep only the most helpful and recent content active.

Post your questions in the Xfinity Community

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation